Suzyq
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, this is my first time going solo on holiday with Just You and am being brave and going on the Musical Heritage trip to USA (Nashville, Memphis & New Orleans) in April/May this year! I am nervously excited but a bit daunted to go with strangers alone. So am hoping my fellow travellers will introduce themselves beforehand so we can get to know a bit about each other? For me this is a trip I have promised myself I would do since I first heard Elvis sing as a teenager and am still a big music lover to this day. Hoping the trip fulfils my dreams and I get to make some lovely new friends along the way!  🙂  Sue
EddieS
(Member)
Hi Sue, I am also going on this trip and I look forward to meeting you . I have been on 3 JY holidays before and I have really enjoyed each one. I'm sure this one will be great. It's so easy to make friends on these holidays and , in fact, 2 people I met on my first trip are joining me on this one. I'm sure you will have a great time.

See you on 28th April

Eddie

yvonne lynn
(Member)
'Suzyq' wrote:

Hi, this is my first time going solo on holiday with Just You and am being brave and going on the Musical Heritage trip to USA (Nashville, Memphis & New Orleans) in April/May this year! I am nervously excited but a bit daunted to go with strangers alone. So am hoping my fellow travellers will introduce themselves beforehand so we can get to know a bit about each other? For me this is a trip I have promised myself I would do since I first heard Elvis sing as a teenager and am still a big music lover to this day. Hoping the trip fulfils my dreams and I get to make some lovely new friends along the way!  🙂  Sue

yvonne lynn
(Member)
Hi this is my first trip with JY departing 28th April 18 and look forward to meeting you all i am flying from Manchester airport and was wondering if anyone else on the trip will be on the same flight if not see you there

Yvonne

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Sue,

Sadly I shall not be on this trip, but I do know that my good friends Keith and Russell are on this trip. Both are seasoned JYers and love their music.

They have changed 2 of the hotels in Memphis and New Orleans that we did in 2014 for Heart and Soul which was Chicago to New Orleans.

I have been to Graceland twice. I believe they have a hotel now which was not there 3 years ago.

Jan

angela w
(Member)
'Suzyq' wrote:

I have also just joined & booked my very first solo holiday. Am feeling excited, but know I will be very nervous when the time comes to make my way to the airport....for me that is probably the worst bit. Hope your trip goes well. i will be doing the walking in lake garda holiday for 8 days, mid may. 

good luck & enjoy

aw

RUSSELL
(Member)
'yvonne lynn' wrote:

Hi this is my first trip with JY departing 28th April 18 and look forward to meeting you all i am flying from Manchester airport and was wondering if anyone else on the trip will be on the same flight if not see you there

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne. I am on the trip , leaving Manchester on the 28th April. Been on loads of US (plus Canada ). trips with JY in the last five years. They have all been fab, great travelling people and tour managers. Could meet up in the VIP lounge thingy at Manchester airport if you fancy. On facebook or mobile is *edited for privacy protection. Should be a really interesting and varied trip. 

Russell Kerfoot

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Yvonne,

If you would like the mobile number for Russell, please can you reply to this comment so that I can send you a private email with his mobile number.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

yvonne lynn
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Yvonne,

If you would like the mobile number for Russell, please can you reply to this comment so that I can send you a private email with his mobile number.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Hi Amy

Thank you for your reply and i would be nice to arrange to meet up with Russell in airport lounge

Kind regards

Yvonne

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for your reply - I have sent you Russell's mobile number in a private email.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

yvonne lynn
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for your reply - I have sent you Russell's mobile number in a private email.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Thanks Amy  😉

yvonne lynn
(Member)
'Suzyq' wrote:

Hi Sue 

It looks like we are on the same trip. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and like you its also my first trip with JY.    Yvonne

Suzyq
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'EddieS' wrote:

Hi Sue, I am also going on this trip and I look forward to meeting you . I have been on 3 JY holidays before and I have really enjoyed each one. I'm sure this one will be great. It's so easy to make friends on these holidays and , in fact, 2 people I met on my first trip are joining me on this one. I'm sure you will have a great time.

See you on 28th April

Eddie

Hi Eddie

Sorry I did not see your reply before! Have had problems online so actually posted another post today about going lol! Are you flying from Heathrow? I am getting quite excited now as the time draws near but also very nervous! I am looking forward to spending 2 weeks with a group of like minded people though and really hoping to make some friends :-)

Sue

Suzyq
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Sue,

Sadly I shall not be on this trip, but I do know that my good friends Keith and Russell are on this trip. Both are seasoned JYers and love their music.

They have changed 2 of the hotels in Memphis and New Orleans that we did in 2014 for Heart and Soul which was Chicago to New Orleans.

I have been to Graceland twice. I believe they have a hotel now which was not there 3 years ago.

Jan

Thanks Jan for reply that I have only just seen lol! I will look out for Keith & Russell then, are they flying from Heathrow? I am now quite nervous but also excited for the adventure to begin!

Sue