Simon12
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I’m booked to go on the new Zealand trip in March. I’m very nervous as I’ve never had to travel on my own before having lost my wife suddenly 2 years ago this May. Any tips from anyone who has already been on this trip. Does anyone know how many people will be in the group.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Simon

You can ask Amy or Julia on the editors board the size age and M/F ratio TM just give them the tour and date, and they will hopefully be able to provide you with the information you require

I have been on this tour a few years ago,we went out via HKG. It’s a great tour you will see and do so much. Lots of hotels, some are better than others but all are clean and tidy. You will need a fair amount of spending money as they will be lots of eating out and about, and souvenirs to buy. I wanted to do many extra scenic flights but the weather only allowed helicopter to Frank Joseph. The TM did lay on a few extra things as well so allow money for the possibilities of extras. Have a look in the review section to see what people say, and if you have any other specific questions just ask, I am sure one of us will be able to answer,

I think when I went there was about 30 in the group which was a good size.. go with an open mind and join in with things and see and do what ever is on offer you might not pass that way again..

Cindy

Simon12
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Cindy for your message. It has been very helpful and like you I’m hoping to do the scenic flight excursions.Thanks for the advice on taking a fair amount of spending money.
Simon12
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy thank you for your reply it has been most helpful. Like you I’m hoping to do the scenic flight excursions. Thanks for mentioning about spending money as well I will make sure I take plenty. Simon.
Simon12
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Sorry if you have got a reply twice I’m not very good with computers thought the first reply hadn’t gone through, simon
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Simon

Don’t worry it takes a while to get the hang of posting on this system, there is always a delay from posting to seeing the posting go live so to speak, it’s so the moderators can check on things..

Hope you have checked the reviews on NZ out to give you some more information..

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Simon

First of all I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. I lost my younger sister last February so I can fully understand what you would have gone through. I am glad that you have taken the plunge and booked this fantastic holiday. I am planning to do this tour in 2020. Do post a review on your return. Have a wonderful time.

Kind regards

Jaya

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Simon,

Sorry for your loss. I went on this trip in October 2017 and the review is somewhere. We went via Singapore which was amazing and before the coast road via Kaikoura was opened in December. It had taken them a year to rebuild it after the earthquake.

Flights were cancelled due to weather which was upsetting. Our final day gave us the flight from Lake Pukaki to Lake Tekapo for $425 around the Glaciers and Mount Cook. Credit card only. Some people took the 40 minute flight from Milford Sound instead of the 4 hour coach journey back to Queenstown. The week before we arrived, the road was shut due to snow.

Have a wonderful time, you will love it x

Jan

Simon12
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you to everyone that posted a reply.