Goose
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi.

Newly enrolled in the Community, after today booking my first JustYou holiday.

Not sure how this all works, but am just putting myself out there.

Any fellow travellers, please say "Hi".

Goose.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Welcome Goose to the JY Community and happy travels.
Goose
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Hi Goose

Welcome to JY, you'll find a lot of helpful people here, if you have any questions just ask away.

Which holiday are you going to book?

Happy travels

Rose

Hi Rose,

I've booked the Heart Of Alpine Europe holiday on 11th July.

Les.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Les,

Took this trip in 2013. Found it fascinating with the various different forms of transport including a cog railway and the Post Bus. Went in September with snow on the Mountains so we had a snowball fight.

Have fun,

Jan

LisaJacki
(Member)
Hi Goose,

Im booked on that trip too on 11 th July. Really looking forward to it although like you its my first trip.

Where are you flying from?

Lisa

Goose
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'LisaJacki' wrote:

Hi Goose,

Im booked on that trip too on 11 th July.  Really looking forward to it although like you its my first trip.  

Lisa

Hi LisaJacki,

Apologies for the late response. Haven't been on this site lately.

I'm flying from Heathrow. What about you?

I've got no idea what clothing or footwear to pack. Sure it's mid-July, but do you think we will need summer clothing, or warmer stuff for the Alpine area? Climbing boots or loafers?

Decision, decisions.

Goose.

andydurrant
(Member)
Did this in May. Amazing holiday, stunning scenery and a very full on schedule. You'll love it!
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Goose,

I had walking boots for the Mountains and walking shoes for the towns as we did it in September/ October. At this time of year- walking sandles with a good sole.

Jan

Chris84
(Member)
'Goose' wrote:

'LisaJacki' wrote:

Hi Goose,

Im booked on that trip too on 11 th July.  Really looking forward to it although like you its my first trip.  

Lisa

Hi LisaJacki,

I've got no idea what clothing or  footwear to pack. Sure it's mid-July, but do you think we will need summer clothing, or warmer stuff for the Alpine area? Climbing boots or loafers?

Decision, decisions.

Goose.

Hi Goose 

I have been to Austria three times during the summer over the last few years, during July and August. The temperature never fell below 25 degrees and is normally around 30. Once I went during a heatwave and the temperature hit 40 degrees. You certainly won't need a jumper, it won't get cold*  

Higher up in the mountains you will likely get a breeze that can fool you. You will burn more easily up there, so take sun cream with you. 

I would suggest layers if you must, but you should only need one layer, even in the evenings. 

Alpine weather can be interchangeable, so be prepared and take a pack a mac, it can downpour heavily and you may encounter a thunderstorm (hopefully at night, because that is a sight to see in the clear skies). 

* St Moritz may be cooler

I really hope you enjoy your trip, Austria is such a beautiful country and so is Switzerland.  

Chris

LINCOLN
(Member)
Went on this holiday in May this year,it was fab from beginning to end.We had an amazing tour rep called Richard who couldnt do enough for everybody,he was the simply the best.I had a beautiful room at he back of the hotel with a balcony overlooking the mountains and hotel grounds.You will pleased you have chosen this holiday,Love Polly.
Goose
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Chris84' wrote:

'Goose' wrote:

'LisaJacki' wrote:

Hi Goose,

Lisa

Hi LisaJacki,

I've got no idea what clothing or  footwear to pack. Sure it's mid-July, but do you think we will need summer clothing, or warmer stuff for the Alpine area? Climbing boots or loafers?

Decision, decisions.

Goose.

Hi Goose 

I have been to Austria three times during the summer over the last few years, during July and August. The temperature never fell below 25 degrees and is normally around 30. Once I went during a heatwave and the temperature hit 40 degrees. You certainly won't need a jumper, it won't get cold*  

Higher up in the mountains you will likely get a breeze that can fool you. You will burn more easily up there, so take sun cream with you. 

I would suggest layers if you must, but you should only need one layer, even in the evenings. 

Alpine weather can be interchangeable, so be prepared and take a pack a mac, it can downpour heavily and you may encounter a thunderstorm (hopefully at night, because that is a sight to see in the clear skies). 

I really hope you enjoy your trip, Austria is such a beautiful country and so is Switzerland.  

Chris

Goose
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Chris84' wrote:

'Goose' wrote:

'LisaJacki' wrote:

Hi Goose,

Lisa

Hi LisaJacki,

Decision, decisions.

Goose.

Hi Goose 

Chris

Thanks for the great advice.

GOOSE.

andydurrant
(Member)
'LINCOLN' wrote:

Went on this holiday in May this year,it was fab from beginning to end.We had an amazing tour rep called Richard who couldnt do enough for everybody,he was the simply the best.I had a beautiful room at he back of the hotel with a balcony overlooking the mountains and hotel grounds.You will pleased you have chosen this holiday,Love Polly.

Brilliant wasn't it? Train to St Moritz the highlight for me!

LINCOLN
(Member)
Sorry I made a mistake about the tour reps name  when I did this holiday in May this year.Philip is the correct name,how could I get it wrong.He was amazing looking after every ones needs,nothing to much trouble and his dancing just had to be seen.....A perfect holiday made very special with Phillip as our tour rep.Regards to the lovely people I met on this tour as well.