CateM
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I am going on the Costa Rica and Nicaragua in February and am hoping those of you who have done this trip can offer some advice on what currency to take. 

Should I get any local currency before I go or is it just as well to get it once I'm there?  I'm taking US$ with me as I've read this is widely accepted.

Grateful for any pointers anyone may have on this.

Thanks in advance

Cate   😉

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cate,

Take US dollars and get local currency when you are there - always the better option!  This is a great trip, enjoy!

All the best,

Bob

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Cate

I did this trip last year and I took around £50 in local currency and the rest in $US prob around £300 was ample

US dollars were widely accepted and was what we used in Nicaragua so I'd def take a small amount in CR Colon with the rest in dollars or you could just sue ATM's as you go

hope this helps

Dave

CateM
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob, Dave

Many thanks for your advice, I've read all the reviews and the tour sounds amazing, really looking forward to it. 

Cate

Deejay
(Member)
'CateM' wrote:

Hi,

I am going on the Costa Rica and Nicaragua in February and am hoping those of you who have done this trip can offer some advice on what currency to take. 

Should I get any local currency before I go or is it just as well to get it once I'm there?  I'm taking US$ with me as I've read this is widely accepted.

Grateful for any pointers anyone may have on this.

Thanks in advance

Cate   ;)

Deejay
(Member)
Hi Cate

Thanks for asking this  - I am also going on this trip in February and had been wondering what currency to take.

Look forward to meeting up

Deejay

CateM
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Deejay,

Looking forward to meeting up to,  see you soon. 🙂

Cate