JCWadd1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am booked on the Icelandic Splendours Tour for March 2018.  If anyone else is going I would be interested to know. 

I have been on the Moscow and St. Petersberg in October last year with Just You.   The tours and the guide we had were very good.   I am looking forward to going to Iceland and hopefully seeing the Northern Lights.

Jane 🙂

LeeM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jane,

I'm also going on this tour. I've always wanted to visit Iceland and after reading the great reviews this holidays gets I decided to go ahead and book.

Like you I have my fingers crossed that we will see the Northern Lights.

Lesley

JCWadd1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lesley, great to hear from you and let's keep in touch.
LeeM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yes... and maybe others will join in as we get nearer the travel date  🙂

Have you far to come? I have booked the Premier Inn Heathrow hotel for the night before to keep the travelling as stress free as possible!

I look forward to meeting you in March. 

Lesley

JCWadd1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am about an hour and a half away from airport so will probably take a taxi but I may decide to stay over night at a hotel. If I do then I will use Premier Inn. I will let you know.

Look forward to meeting you too.

AllisonH
(Member)
'JCWadd1' wrote:

I am booked on the Icelandic Splendours Tour for March 2018.  If anyone else is going I would be interested to know. 

I have been on the Moscow and St. Petersberg in October last year with Just You.   The tours and the guide we had were very good.   I am looking forward to going to Iceland and hopefully seeing the Northern Lights.

Jane :)

I am on this trip. Iceland is somewhere I have wanted to visit for years. My only previous JY holiday was extended because of the eruption of Eyjafjallajökul. (There is a pleasing circularity to that).

I am a little concerned about what footwear I will need, I have walking boots but don't want to wear them all week!

Allison

Jennie Whalley
(Member)
Hello to all JY travellers coming to Iceland in March.

I am Jennie and I will be your Tour Manager on this date, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any pre-tour questions.

It is a wonderful tour with many exciting sights and experiences to look forward to.

I am also staying at the Premier Inn on T4 the night before the flight and would be happy to meet up for a drink.

Jennie Whalley

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jane

I was on the October trip to Russia.  Bernie was absolutely fabulous wasn't he.

A tip for you and your fellow travellers.  In Rekjavik there is the Northern Lights Experience next to the Whale museum.  The time lapse of the Northern Lights is well worth seeing but also you can set your camera to the right setting to hopefully get a photo I you are lucky enough to see them.  I did on my trip and it is one of my greatest memories.  Good luck

Regards

LeeM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jennie,

I will be staying at the PI the previous night and would like to meet up for a drink. I have wanted to visit Iceland for as long as I can remember so I'm counting the weeks off!

Just one question. The holiday details on-line state two evening meals are included but the brochure says three. I am trying to decide how much money to bring so it would be useful to know what is correct.

Thank you and looking forward to meeting you on the 10th March. 

Lesley

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jennie

I am not on this trip. I hope you don't get any blizzards this time

on this trip.

Is there any chance of you being our TM when I go on the Prague,

Vienna and Budapest holiday in June.

Best wishes

Di (she who climbed the Potala steps with you)

Jennie Whalley
(Member)
'AllisonH' wrote:

'JCWadd1' wrote:

Jane :)

I am on this trip. Iceland is somewhere I have wanted to visit for years. My only previous JY holiday was extended because of the eruption of Eyjafjallajökul. (There is a pleasing circularity to that).

I am a little concerned about what footwear I will need, I have walking boots but don't want to wear them all week!

Allison

Jennie Whalley
(Member)
Hello Allison,

In reply to your query re the walking boots, they really are the best thing to wear all week. On my last visit I also took some lighter walking trainers, but they did not keep my feet dry in the snow (hopefully we will get some!).

Perhaps take some lighter boots or shoes for going out for a meal in the evenings.

A note too about clothes, I made the mistake the first time I went to Iceland of taking all very warm clothes and jumpers. In actual fact inside everywhere is very warm, so my advice would be to take layers, or light weight jumpers, but with a good warm coat, hat and gloves.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Jennie

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Lesley,

I can confirm that you will receive 3 evening meals. We have asked our website team to correct this for you.

Kind Regards,

Amy

LeeM
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Lesley,

I can confirm that you will receive 3 evening meals. We have asked our website team to correct this for you.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Thank you Amy.

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

I've visited Iceland in December and March.  I have to say we had more snow in March than in December so as regards footwear, you'll need something that keeps your feet warm and dry.  If the day is dry and sunny, trainers or walking boots should do.

Regards

Sylvia

Jennie Whalley
(Member)
'LeeM' wrote:

Hello Jennie,

I will be staying at the PI the previous night and would like to meet up for a drink. I have wanted to visit Iceland for as long as I can remember so I'm counting the weeks off!

Just one question. The holiday details on-line state two evening meals are included but the brochure says three. I am trying to decide how much money to bring so it would be useful to know what is correct.

Thank you and looking forward to meeting you on the 10th March. 

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

Just checking I am in the Premier Inn on Terminal 4. It would be lovely to meet you, and anyone else who is staying over,for a drink in the evening before flying. I will arrive at the hotel at about 7pm, and have booked the evening meal - are you eating?

If not we can have a drink after I have eaten.

In answer to your query I think they have clarified 3 evening meals included. There are no lunches included, but wherever we are there will be light lunches available. From experience food is not cheap, I have paid about £8- for soup and a roll for lunch. I have eaten with my groups in the evenings and meals vary from £19- for fish and chips (some of the best I have tasted!), to £65- for a set meal at the steakhouse.

Do not worry too much about the money as cards are widely accepted.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Jennie

LeeM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jennie,

Thank you for all the useful information.

I have booked into the Bath Road Premier Inn near T2, where I thought Icelandair flew from. However I don't know Heathrow well so perhaps not a wise choice. I think I still have time to change the booking and will look into this. Is PI T4 the new Sheffield Road one? 

Thanks Jennie.

Lesley

Jennie Whalley
(Member)
'LeeM' wrote:

Hello Jennie,

Thank you for all the useful information.

I have booked into the Bath Road Premier Inn near T2, where I thought Icelandair flew from. However I don't know Heathrow well so perhaps not a wise choice. I think I still have time to change the booking and will look into this. Is PI T4 the new Sheffield Road one? 

Thanks Jennie.

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

The prem Inn at Bath Road is fine, I used to go there all the time. You need to catch the shuttle bus from the airport out to Bath Road, then the following morning you can catch the bus back in.

I switched to Prem Inn T4 when it opened last year because you can walk into T4, then catch the Heathrow Express shuttle (which is free) to T3 and T2. the shuttle bus is about £9-50 return.

If you decide to change your booking let me know and I can give you help how to get there, I arrive on the Heathrow Express and just take the T4 shuttle. (If you are driving I can't help, sorry.)

I do not have the information yet as to which terminal we fly from, but with the buses and Heathrow Express it is easy to get around the airport.

Jennie

LeeM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you so much Jennie, you have been very helpful.

It sounds like it is easy to get around with shuttles so I'll leave my booking with Bath Road.

Only five weeks to go and feeling excited! 

Lesley