MrsB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going on the Borneo / Singapore tour next month and am wondering about the rope bridge walk.  Having looked on various different sites the comments range from "easy" to "not for the faint hearted" and there are several comments on the path leading to  and from the bridge.  I would be interested to hear how others have found this part of the tour.

Thank you

Sylvia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sylvia,

I did this tour last year and this visit was a bit of a disappointment to be honest.  The Poring Hot Springs are very busy and a bit grotty; the walk was partially uphill along a track, which wasn't particularly difficult but it was very hot and humid.  The rope bridges were a bit wobbly but not overly taxing - from memory, the highest one was closed so we did the other one.  The views were ok; we couldn't see a lot because the jungle is pretty overgrown!!  We did, however, see a rafflesia flower in almost full bloom which made the trip worthwhile - the world's largest flower and so, a good photo op!  

On balance, I'd suggest talking to your tour manager about whether you should do it or not.  It really wasn't a holiday highlight for me but I don't know what you'd do while there if you don't do the walk - the springs really aren't very appealing and no one in our group did them!

The rest of the tour is great, so don't let my comments put you off!

All the best,

Bob

MrsB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Bob, I will speak to the tour manager. Four weeks to go and I'm getting very excited.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I was on the trip with Bob and agree with his comments. Poring Hot Springs were disappointing, but the rope bridge walk was a little bit thrilling for me as I had never done this before!

Enjoy your trip.

Regards

Jaya

MrsB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi

I was on the trip with Bob and agree with his comments.  Poring Hot Springs were disappointing, but the rope bridge walk was a little bit thrilling for me as I had never done this before!  

Enjoy your trip.

Regards

Jaya

Thank you Jaya