Dina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Hils and anyone else who gave feed back after May departure

I have just received my final documentation for the September trip.

Many thanks for giving feedback to JY regarding  the itinerary in Tibet.

Good news JY have listened and now our days in Tibet have been switched round to give us more time to acclimatise.

Hils, I know you know what I mean.

Hi Julia,

Please convey my thanks to Customer Services for swapping some of the days in the itinerary.

Am looking forward to this cultural but not particularly comfortable adventure.

Best wishes

Di

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di,

I will indeed pass on your thanks to the team.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di,

Hurrah! Customer Services have listened!

Please do write a review when you come back.

Enjoy - it is a fabulous trip, especially Tibet.

Cheers,

Hils

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di

Have a great time. I have not yet received my final documents for the Kenya Safari, but guess it is still early days. Looking forward to reading your review.

Regards

Jaya

1981Kedi
(Member)
Hopefully the change will make a difference - thanks to JY for listening! Although it probably won't stop some of the travellers feeling the affect of altitude, being in one place for more than one night at the start of the time in Tibet will give everyone a chance to acclimatise to the reduction in oxygen and to rest before moving on to the high mountain passes. 

You are all in for an interesting adventure - from the Pandas in Chengdu, to the monasteries, monks, pilgrims and yaks :rolleyes:  in Tibet, to the peace of the Li River cruise - look out for cormorant fisherman and water buffalo - also the view that appears on the 20 yuan note. Have a great time...........

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Have a fantastic trip Di, looking forward to hearing all about it!  I've got my final docs for Crete now...

Cheers,

Bob

Angie S
(Member)
Have a wonderful trip Di. Not long now.

I look forward to hearing all your stories when you get back.

I loved this tour.

Angie

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all

Thank you for your kind words.

Have got everything I need now apart from my currency which I collect next week and it will include one yuan notes!

I will be happy to do a review on my return.

Hope you all enjoy you forth coming holidays-Chile,Crete, Kenya and Thailand, I think.

Best wishes

Di

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Di, I love reading people's reviews even if it's to a place I haven't really considered before...by the time we get back the new tours should be available so lots of decisions to be made yippee!!

Cheers,

Bob

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Angie

Thank you for your post which I have just seen.

Am getting excited about this holiday but I bet I am not as excited about it as you are about your Persia trip.

Might be a bit of a hassle to get your visa but I am sure it will be well worth it.

From what I have read in the JY brochure about you getting a warm welcome,I am certain will be true. I have still got an Iranian friend who came to lunch with his Polish wife and two young children a few weeks ago, the family is delightful. All the other Iranians that I have worked with have been equally lovely.

I have heard loads of tales about Iran, Isfahan is very beautiful  for a starter and some of the scenery looks stunning.

Enjoy your holiday, I will be looking forward to seeing a review of it.

Kind regards

Di

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob

I will look forward to reading your review on Crete, too. I have never been to Greece or any of the islands and would love to at some stage.

As for the new brochure, I don't know whether I want to see it. Have already got Chile, Atacama to Patagonia with EI add-on for February and Burma in November 2018 booked. I can't really afford to do any more trips next year, so if there are any trips that I want to do in the new brochure they will have to wait for 2019.....

Would love The  Galapagos, Madagascar, Ethiopia, longer South India tour to appear just for starters though.

Best wishes

Di

Angie S
(Member)
Hi Di,

You're holiday is definitely worth looking forward to. It's a good one.

I've got my travel all arranged for my trip to London. I've heard the Iranian hospitality is second to none and I'm looking forward to experiencing it first hand for the short time we're there.

Happy holiday!

Angie

Ms Chris Graville
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hello Hils and anyone else who gave feed back after May departure

I have just received my final documentation for the September trip.

Many thanks for giving feedback to JY regarding  the itinerary in Tibet.

Good news JY have listened and now our days in Tibet have been switched round to give us more time to acclimatise.

Hils, I know you know what I mean.

Hi Julia,

Please convey my thanks to Customer Services for swapping some of the days in the itinerary.

Am looking forward to this cultural but not particularly comfortable adventure.

Best wishes

Di

Hi Dina,

I am also booked on the Roof of the World trip and really looking forward to seeing this beautiful country (Tibet) look forward to meeting you.

Chris

Ms Chris Graville
(Member)
Hi to Di and any fellow travellers doing this amazing trip, I guess lots of warm layers could be -1 at night!! I am packing Nescafe Latte sachets and Altitude Rx available on line, as well as all of Hils advised remedies ! oh and fruit bars .

So glad the days in Lhasa are swapped around that should help with the altitude thing.

any further advice/comments ?

Look forward to meeting up

Chris