sumac
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi 😉

I'm booked on this trip leaving on 2nd September this year, my first tour alone although I have travelled to familiar places by myself.  Feeling both very excited and rather nervous!!

A friend of mine who went to Tibet some years ago said that on her holiday oxygen was always available on the coaches and in the hotels because several people suffered from altitude sickness.  She said to make sure that it would be available.  I have asked and been told that if this is normal procedure then it will be there.  Has anyone been on this trip who can give any tips?

I hope you are all looking forward to this adventure too 😃

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

If you go to the Search button (top right hand corner) and put in Roof of the World May 2017, you will see the review that I did of this fantastic holiday. Due to the fact that most of our group (this was the first tour) got Altitude Sickness, I wrote to JY and they have completely changed the itinerary so that you have time to acclimatize.

I only saw oxygen in one hotel, which by that time, nobody needed it! I would strongly advise seeing your GP about getting a prescription for Diamox, if you can take it. I am also now assured that there is water on the coach at all times.

I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I will respond to this post under "Reviews" where you have asked me a couple of questions.

Our trip in September was better than the first May departure which Hils has just commented on.

Just You certainly took notice and acted upon Hil's comments regarding this tour.

Kind regards

Di

sumac
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hils' wrote:

Hi,

If you go to the Search button (top right hand corner) and put in Roof of the World May 2017, you will see the review that I did of this fantastic holiday. Due to the fact that most of our group (this was the first tour) got Altitude Sickness, I wrote to JY and they have completely changed the itinerary so that you have time to acclimatize.

I only saw oxygen in one hotel, which by that time, nobody needed it! I would strongly advise seeing your GP about getting a prescription for Diamox, if you can take it. I am also now assured that there is water on the coach at all times.

I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

Hi Hils,  Thank you so much for your very prompt reply:)  I will certainly take your advice.

I did notice that you mentioned your review, to another person, but I have searched and not been able to access it although I did find a very good review from Dina.  Clearly I am doing something silly!!  I'll keep on looking as there is nothing as helpful as comments from people who have been there.

Cheers, Sumac.

sumac
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi

I will respond to this post under "Reviews" where you have asked me a couple of questions.

Our trip in September was better than the first May departure which Hils has just commented on.

Just You certainly took notice and acted upon Hil's comments regarding this tour.

Kind regards

Di

Thank you very much Dina, I'll go over to reviews.  I'm just beginning to work out where things are on this site: it is such a very friendly and helpful place.  cheers, Sumac.