davidj
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going to Cambodia & Laos in February 2018. I am also doing the add on to Vietnam.

It would be good to hear from anyone else on this trip.

SarahS
(Member)
This our is on my list for next year. I loved what I saw of cambodia on a vivid to an or watt. Please write a review when you get home. Have a great time
davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have booked the Premier inn at terminal 4 for the night before the flight. It is a new hotel and is walking distance from the terminal via a covered walkway. At the moment it is only £29.50, room only.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
This trip is on my list and I think I am going to do it in 2019. Do write a review on your return.

Regards

Jaya

CharlotteG
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

I am going to Cambodia & Laos in February 2018. I am also doing the add on to Vietnam.

Hey there! I have just booked on the Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam extension, leaving on 6 Feb! Guess I'll see you at the airport!

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'CharlotteG' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

Hey there! I have just booked on the Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam extension, leaving on 6 Feb! Guess I'll see you at the airport!

Hello Charlotte,

Its nice to hear from someone on the same trip. I see that you are new to this forum. Have you travelled with Just You before?

CharlotteG
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

'CharlotteG' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

Hello Charlotte,

Its nice to hear from someone on the same trip. I see that you are new to this forum. Have you travelled with Just You before?

CharlotteG
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

'CharlotteG' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

Hello Charlotte,

Hi David,

No, I have not travelled with Just You before -if you have any tips or advice then please do share!

The itinerary for the trip looks amazing; I am really excited about visiting Tonle Sap Lake, Kuang Si waterfall, and generally experiencing the Asian culture & making some new friends.

Mo R
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Charlotte

I am doing this trip on 7th November this year and this will be my first solo holiday too. I will put a review on when I get back.

Mo R

SarahS
(Member)
Have a great time. I'll be  looking out for your review
davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Charlotte

The best piece of advice is that there is nothing to worry about. I am in a hotel at Bristol airport at the moment waiting for my 14th singles holiday to begin tomorrow. Most of my trips have been with Just You and they look after your very well and on all my trips the other people have been very friendly. I have been to Asia several times including Vietnam.

It's difficult to know what advice to give you but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask. 

I know someone else who is going on this trip, I met him in China, he is traveling to Heathrow by coach from South Wales and I am travelling by coach from Stourbridge. 

David

CharlotteG
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

Hello Charlotte

The best piece of advice is that there is nothing to worry about. I am in a hotel at Bristol airport at the moment waiting for my 14th singles holiday to begin tomorrow. Most of my trips have been with Just You and they look after your very well and on all my trips the other people have been very friendly. I have been to Asia several times including Vietnam.

It's difficult to know what advice to give you but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask. 

I know someone else who is going on this trip, I met him in China, he is traveling to Heathrow by coach from South Wales and I am travelling by coach from Stourbridge. 

David

Hi David,

Thank you, it is nice to hear that we will be well looked after. It is really reassuring to hear that Just You are a reliable company from someone who has booked with them before.

Oh wow that is really exciting -I hope you have a fantastic time!

I will be travelling to Heathrow by Coach from Southampton, Hampshire.

The only question I have at the moment is regarding medicines -I have been recommended to take a variety of common things like paracetamol, anti-sickness tables, antibiotics and anti-fungal cream due to the humidity, etc.; I need to look into what we are allowed to carry into Asia of course, but is there anything you took that you found useful during a previous holiday there?

Charlotte

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Charlotte

On any trip it is always a good idea to have lots of wet wipes and toilet tissue.  In Asia in particular toilet tissue is not kept within the toilet cubicle and it is advisable to always clean your hands after handling money.  Immodium and Diarolyte is essential to take as practically everyone has a case of gippy tummy due to the change in climate, food & time difference.

Check with your practice nurse or the www.fitfortravel  website regarding vaccinations and anti-malarial requirements.

And teabags or coffee if you have a preference for a good cuppa!

CharlotteG
(Member)
'Mo R' wrote:

Hi Charlotte

I am doing this trip on 7th November this year and this will be my first solo holiday too. I will put a review on when I get back.

Mo R

Wonderful! Thank you so much, I look forward to reading your review and hope you have a fantastic time.

Charlotte

CharlotteG
(Member)
'jonah' wrote:

Hi Charlotte

On any trip it is always a good idea to have lots of wet wipes and toilet tissue.  In Asia in particular toilet tissue is not kept within the toilet cubicle and it is advisable to always clean your hands after handling money.  Immodium and Diarolyte is essential to take as practically everyone has a case of gippy tummy due to the change in climate, food & time difference.

Check with your practice nurse or the www.fitfortravel  website regarding vaccinations and anti-malarial requirements.

And teabags or coffee if you have a preference for a good cuppa!

Hi Jonah,

Thank you ever so much for this advice, I had not considered wet wipes and toilet paper! I will definitely do my research on anti-malaria tablets and have already started getting the necessary vaccinations. I will add Immodium and Diarolyte to my essentials list.

I am really grateful for your advice -I have travelled solo before, but never to Asia or with Just You.

Charlotte

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Charlotte

I do take the common things like paracetamol and imodium ( generic equivalent is cheaper ) but I try not to be too paranoid. I am however careful and for instance I only eat cooked food.

There is a very good cure for travellers diarrhea but it is prescription only in this country and is not prescribed for diarrhea. However, It is widely available over the counter in third world countries. I don't think it is appropriate to discuss it here, ask me at Heathrow. 

I am in Malta seems good so far. Very nice hotel. 

David

CharlotteG
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

Hello Charlotte

I do take the common things like paracetamol and imodium ( generic equivalent is cheaper ) but I try not to be too paranoid. I am however careful and for instance I only eat cooked food.

There is a very good cure for travellers diarrhea but it is prescription only in this country and is not prescribed for diarrhea. However, It is widely available over the counter in third world countries. I don't think it is appropriate to discuss it here, ask me at Heathrow. 

I am in Malta seems good so far. Very nice hotel. 

David

Hi David,

I hope you had a great time in Malta -it would be good to hear about it when we meet. I am off to Abu Dhabi in a couple of weeks; I'm very much looking forward to exploring somewhere new.  

Thanks, that is really good to know. I have been advised by a few people to only eat cooked food/things you can peel, so I will also be sticking to that.

Charlotte

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Charlotte,

I did have a really good time in Malta, just wish it had been longer. I find that with a week I am just getting to really know the people and it is time to go home. I hope you have a good time in Abu Dhabi. I have never really been to that part of the world.

Are you travelling to Heathrow on the morning of our flight? Me and another traveller are staying in the Premier Inn next to T4. It is still only £29.50 room only and you, and anyone else, would be welcome to join us for dinner. Being February you never know what the weather might be like.

David

CharlotteG
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

Hello Charlotte,

I did have a really good time in Malta, just wish it had been longer. I find that with a week I am just getting to really know the people and it is time to go home. I hope you have a good time in Abu Dhabi. I have never really been to that part of the world.

Are you travelling to Heathrow on the morning of our flight? Me and another traveller are staying in the Premier Inn next to T4. It is still only £29.50 room only and you, and anyone else, would be welcome to join us for dinner. Being February you never know what the weather might be like.

David

Hello David, 

A week isn't long enough, but I'm glad you had a really good time. Thank you, it will be my first time in the UAE!

I had a coach booked on 6 Feb, but thanks to your post and the great value of the Premier Inn at Terminal 4, I have now changed my plans and will be heading there on 5th; I would really like to join you for dinner. I am scheduled to arrive around 4pm. 

Charlotte

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'CharlotteG' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

Hello Charlotte,

David

Hello David, 

A week isn't long enough, but I'm glad you had a really good time. Thank you, it will be my first time in the UAE!

I had a coach booked on 6 Feb, but thanks to your post and the great value of the Premier Inn at Terminal 4, I have now changed my plans and will be heading there on 5th; I would really like to join you for dinner. I am scheduled to arrive around 4pm. 

Charlotte

I think that is a very good decision. At the start of a big holiday it is very reassuring to be in a hotel close to the terminal the night before. I will ask the moderator to pass on my email to you. Then if you send me a message closer to the holiday I will send you my mobile number so that we can get in contact on the day.

I have not booked my coach yet but the one I intend to get arrives at terminal 4 at 4.00pm. I just need to make sure I can get a lift to catch that one.

NOTE TO MODERATOR - Please pass on my email address to CharlotteG