debbieandnorris
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hiya all I'm booked up for this tour, anyone want to chat before going?
SueStricks
(Member)
'debbieandnorris' wrote:

Hi it's Sue here- I'm on the SA trip also- looking forward to it! I'm doing the Victoria Falls extension also- my third time to sub-Saharan  Africa and I'm really looking forward to it- will be full on! Looking forward to meeting everyone at Heathrow!

markf
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I'm booked on this trip, my first visit to Africa and can't wait.  It does look like a busy trip which is great.  Sadly not doing the add-on as can't get the extra time off work.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Mark

debbieandnorris
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hiya im not doing the add on either,

Thou I went to Kenya with Just you back in 2009.

Franerinie
(Member)
Hi my first trip to South Africa so am v excited! And first trip with Just You.

Am hoping to get up Table mountain though it will have to be by cable car as Im still recovering from A spinal injury from 18 months ago so am not yet back to my old level of fitness.

debbieandnorris
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hiya any of you guys on Facebook that wants to chat I'm Debbie Booth picture of me and a goat on a lead.
debbieandnorris
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Franerinie' wrote:

Hi my first trip to South Africa so am v excited! And first trip with Just You.

Am hoping to get up Table mountain though it will have to be by cable car as Im still recovering from A spinal injury from 18 months ago so am not yet back to my old level of fitness.

Wow get you! Impressive.

AJS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone, I'm down to do this trip too - my first long haul and first time with Just You. Really looking forward to it, think it will be amazing!
lesley07
(Member)
Hi

I did this trip in March this year. It is a great holiday and is well worth the long journey. The itinerary is very varied and the time spent in Kruger is amazing.

Have a great holiday

Lesley

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

You all go up the Table mountain via cable car so no need to worry. You have to just hope for good clear weather! This is a wonderful holiday and you all will have a great time.

Regards

Jaya

SueStricks
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi

You all go up the Table mountain via cable car so no need to worry.  You have to just hope for good clear weather!  This is a wonderful holiday and you all will have a great time.

Regards

Jaya

Jaya- thank you for your excellent review of this tour on another thread( I think I’m following you around the JY tour brochure- just returned from Kerala- wonderful!- I think I’m on my 10th JYnow!)- just wanted any comments/ opinions on the Mount Nelson hotel tea option- it’s the only excursion we HAVE to book in advance- I’m not sure as I was hoping to get to see Robben Island perhaps on the free day?

user@justme
(Member)
'debbieandnorris' wrote:

Hi - this is my first time of logging in to see conversations....but there does not seem to be much activity.  It looks like, if I am understanding correctly, that you posted your post back in July.  Is that right?

Any ways this will be my first trip with Just You and it is a really exciting trip for me as I have never been to that part of the world. How about you?

user@justme
(Member)
I have been told it is quite chilly at the top of the mountain so you have to be prepared. Is that right?
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SueStricks' wrote:

'Jaya' wrote:

Hi

You all go up the Table mountain via cable car so no need to worry.  You have to just hope for good clear weather!  This is a wonderful holiday and you all will have a great time.

Regards

Jaya

Jaya- thank you for your excellent review of this tour on another thread( I think I’m following you around the JY tour brochure- just returned from Kerala- wonderful!- I think I’m on my 10th JYnow!)- just wanted any comments/ opinions on the Mount Nelson hotel tea option- it’s the only excursion we HAVE to book in advance- I’m not sure as I was hoping to get to see Robben Island perhaps on the free day?

Hi Sue

Glad you enjoyed reading my review of this trip.  I recommend Mount Nelson Hotel tea option - it was even better than Claridges in London.  I did not have any dinner that day!  No one managed the trip to Robben Island and I think you have to book in advance if you want to go there.  Not sure if it also depends on the weather or not.  If I were you I would go for the afternoon tea as at least it is guaranteed and you will have a fantastic experience!  Enjoy the trip.

Regards

Jaya

SueStricks
(Member)
Thanks so much Jaya- you have answered my question for me perfectly!im going to book the tea!

Best wishes

Sue

debbieandnorris
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'user@justme' wrote:

'debbieandnorris' wrote:

Hi - this is my first time of logging in to see conversations....but there does not seem to be much activity.  It looks like, if I am understanding correctly, that you posted your post back in July.  Is that right?

Yes I did thou as I found from many other trips from Just You not many communicate until u get in the VIP lounge! In the airport.

I've never been to South Africa I can't wait to penguins at boulders beach.... I've been to Kenya where I saw the elephants, zebras, lions in wild but it's an amazable feeling....

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

On principle I did not do the afternoon tea as JY were charging more than twice what the hotel charged. Those who did it in my group were not overly impressed!!

Lesley

debbieandnorris
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Not long now people I'm getting excited....  :cool:
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sorry to hear Lesley did not do the afternoon tea as she felt JY were charging more than twice what the hotel charged. I personally do not know what the hotel charged, but I think we paid £40 and this included transport to and from the hotel. Most of us who went in my Group had a marvellous time. As I said, it was much better than Claridges.

Regards

Jaya

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Jaya

The hotel charged £19 and I did not see how transport could cost £21!!! Anyway, each to his own.

Lesley