Marion F
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Has anyone done this holiday?   I am very put off by the dreadful reviews of the airline used by JY, Vueling.   I can't understand why they are using an airline with such a poor reputation.  

Also, there is no information on the website for most of the hotels used.

I would like to do this holiday, but these things are at the moment stopping me from booking it.

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Marion,

I have not done this holiday, but it is one that I have my eye on as my old boss who is Spanish retired 2 years ago and recently did this walk and he absolutely loved it.

However I just wanted to say don't be put off by the fact that JY are using Vueling - its a Spanish low cost carrier and really isn't that bad. We use them fairly often at work for business trips with no major complaints. The flight is such a small part of a holiday so don't let it put you off. Most of the hotels also seem to get a good rating by people who have stayed in them too.

Kind Regards

Kezze4

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Marion 

I did this trip in May. 

As Kezze4 said, it's a low carrier company and planes were basic but the flight is less than 2 hours. Drinks/food you had to pay for. But don't let this put you off. It was an excellent holiday. If you are interested in going, than go for it. The hotels we stayed in were lovely and of a good standard and very central to the area's we stayed in.

Anna

SarahS
(Member)
After my recent experiences flying BA, with very poor service from check in to landing, and paid for food and drink,  I certainly wouldn't let flying low cost put me off. There are plenty of places airside to buy a snack to eat on board. I recommend  the Boots meal deal.
Marion F
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks for the replies. The thing that really put me off Vueling, was the number of reviews that said their flight had been cancelled, and there wasn't another one for several days. This would obviously completely ruin the holiday.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Marion

Sometimes you have to take reviews with a pinch of salt. Sometimes disgruntled people say things which are not really true. I hardly ever read reviews and when I have done on a couple of occasions I don't believe everything that has been written. I saw the documentary on Walking the Camino de Santiago and got a real urge to do this trip, but I do not think I am fit enough. May be one day...! Go ahead and book it if you really want to go.

Kind regards

Jaya

manrod
(Member)
I did this trip a few years ago, (not with JY), and we walked part of the journey, but it is an incredible experience. Santiago de Compestela is a wonderful place and to go to the Cathedral afterwards was so inspiring.

In light of BA,s recent record, and I have never been a fan of them, any other airline would be reliable

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I agree with 'manrod'. I too am not a fan of BA. They used to be great once upon a time - well a very long time ago, but seem to be going downhill, which is a great shame.

Regards

Jaya

suejacob
(Member)
'Marion F' wrote:

Has anyone done this holiday?   I am very put off by the dreadful reviews of the airline used by JY, Vueling.   I can't understand why they are using an airline with such a poor reputation.  

Also, there is no information on the website for most of the hotels used.

I would like to do this holiday, but these things are at the moment stopping me from booking it.

I have done some of the Camino (not with Just You) and will wholeheartedly recommend it.  I have also flown with Vueling before and they are fine. No different to any other low cost airline.