Gillinana
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I wonder if anyone has already done the trip. ( Walking the Camino de Santiago) Just wondered if it's too strenuous- I do walk every day - but have to admit it's only a couple of miles.
SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Gillinana

I haven't seen this trip offered before so presume it is new. Looks lovely doesn't it and it's on my list....

Regards

Sylvia

Gillinana
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi Gillinana

I haven't seen this trip offered before so presume it is new.  Looks lovely doesn't it and it's on my list....

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia - only just saw your reply, sorry for not getting back to you. This is my first time with JY & I hope I can get in touch with others before the trip. Just hope there are others interested. ?

Regard, 

Gillian

samanthadavies
(Member)
'Gillinana' wrote:

Hi I wonder if anyone has already done the trip. ( Walking the Camino de Santiago) Just wondered if it's too strenuous- I do walk every day - but have to admit it's only a couple of miles.

The Camino the Santiago is an amazing trip, I highly recommend it! You can start with a short route, like the English Way or Camino Inglés which is only 119 km, the minimum to be given the Compostela. I'd recommend to do it in summer - Winter can get quite cold and rainy, not ideal for being walking the whole day! 

If you like it and feel you can walk more, either the French or Portuguese way are very good options. Booking a backpack transfer service also makes things easier - in my last trip, I had back pain and had to use this service a couple of times, completely worth it! Hope this helps

badskittler
(Member)
You are only doing short segments of the walk, not the whole distance! If you look at the daily itenary it doesn't look too strenuous:-

Day 2 - 3.2 miles – 90 minutes

Day 3 - 3.1 miles – 90 minutes

Day 4 - 3.1 miles – 90 minutes

Day 5 - 3.7 miles – 2 hours

Day 6 - 3.1 miles – 90 minutes

Day 7 - 1.9 miles – 2 hours

A good reason to gradually increase your current daily walks in advance?

MelG
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Gillinana' wrote:

MelG
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Gillinana' wrote:

I did this trip in early October and absolutely loved it. It didn't find it strenuous at all. Everyone walks at their own pace. All the walks are completely different with some beautiful scenery along the way. I would recommend wearing walking boots just because the terrain can be uneven on some of the walks. You also visit some wonderful cities along the way. Have fun!

Tanya Agarwal
(Newbie)
Hey all! Just finished the Camino Inglés, and wow, what a journey! It’s one of the shorter routes, but don’t let that fool you—it’s packed with beautiful coastal views, lush forests, and some peaceful, less crowded paths. I met a few awesome fellow pilgrims, and the vibe was just so laid-back compared to the busier routes. If you’re thinking of trying a Camino but don’t have a ton of time, this one’s a solid option. If you want more details about the stages or what to expect, I found this page super helpful: https://followthecamino.com/en/camino-tours/camino-ingles/ . Buen Camino!