Dot Boyd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked to go on the Magical Mallorca holiday on 6th June.  Would love to hear from anyone who is also going there then.  I am travelling from London City Airport, which I like as it's not too far from where I live.  I have been on Just You Holidays before, and have enjoyed all of them.  I went to Puerto Pollensa, which was great.  Hopefully Cala Mayor will be just as good.  Has anyone been there recently?  Dot
Mike Atterbury
(Member)
'Dot Boyd' wrote:

I have just booked to go on the Magical Mallorca holiday on 6th June.  Would love to hear from anyone who is also going there then.  I am travelling from London City Airport, which I like as it's not too far from where I live.  I have been on Just You Holidays before, and have enjoyed all of them.  I went to Puerto Pollensa, which was great.  Hopefully Cala Mayor will be just as good.  Has anyone been there recently?  Dot

Hi Dot,  I am flying out from City Airport on that trip too, as I also live nearby.  This means that as there are two of us, we'll be met by a Just Yu rep.  I haven't flown frm there before but I did a reccy a few weeks ago and it looks very high tec. Shame it doesn't have 30 mins check in any more as it will be an early start, but I'll probably get a taxi over to arrive around 7 am, ( as Just You recommended). Have been to Majorca several times over the years.  It seems Cala Mayor is now a suburb of Palma, almost next to the Cruise Port, which is a nice area, so it should be fine and not too far a coach trip from the airport.   The only full holiday I spent was on the east side of the island, which was also nice, with lots of coves, but took ages to get to from the airport.  I'm looking forward to the antique train trip as I've always wanted to go on it.  Which we were leaving tomorow as I need a holiday!  Best regards.  Mike

Barbara j
(Member)
Hi Dot, I was on this majorca holiday last year.  We stayed at the cala mayor hotel.  We were the first group to stay there.  The hotel was lovely, really clean, and the buffet was lovely too.  All the staff there were very attentive and looked after us all very well.  We did have a couple of people with health issues and they were very caring with them.  One lady had to have gluten free food and they were lovely with her and baked bread , fresh every day just for her.  Resteraunt manager was so nice.  

In the cove were three hotels , all in the same group, and we could go into any of them for drinks, entertainment etc.  I would be more than happy to go there again.  Also, it's only ten mins out of Palma so good to pop into there in the evening too.  I'm sure you will enjoy this holiday, and of course I think it could be George Wales as tour manager which is great for the group too.  Have a lovely time .  Barbara xx

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dot and Mike

I'm also booked to go to Cala Mayor but my trip is not until Sept. I went on the Soller train last year when I stayed in Puerto Pollensa with JY and was really good. Anyway, do give a review of your holiday after you return. Have a great time.  Sue

Dot Boyd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mike Atterbury' wrote:

'Dot Boyd' wrote:

Hi Dot,  I am flying out from City Airport on that trip too, as I also live nearby.  This means that as there are two of us, we'll be met by a Just Yu rep.  I haven't flown frm there before but I did a reccy a few weeks ago and it looks very high tec. Shame it doesn't have 30 mins check in any more as it will be an early start, but I'll probably get a taxi over to arrive around 7 am, ( as Just You recommended). Have been to Majorca several times over the years.  It seems Cala Mayor is now a suburb of Palma, almost next to the Cruise Port, which is a nice area, so it should be fine and not too far a coach trip from the airport.   The only full holiday I spent was on the east side of the island, which was also nice, with lots of coves, but took ages to get to from the airport.  I'm looking forward to the antique train trip as I've always wanted to go on it.  Which we were leaving tomorow as I need a holiday!  Best regards.  Mike

Nice to hear from you Mike.  I have flown from City Airport before and like it there as it's smaller, and as we said before, not so far from home.  I also will be booking a car/taxi.  I've been to Mallorca quite a few times, and have also done the Stoller train trip, which is well worth doing.  I'm hoping I'm still on this trip as I only booked last Saturday, the 29th April, but there was a problem with Just You's page.  Just had to phone to pay after all, but have to wait to find out if there is a supplement as it's regarded as a late booking.  If there is a supplement, then it depends how much, as it's not the cheapest holiday to Spain!  I asked how many people there are already booked, and was told 19.  I make the 20th, hopefully!  Regards, Dot.

Dot Boyd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Barbara j' wrote:

Hi Dot, I was on this majorca holiday last year.  We stayed at the cala mayor hotel.  We were the first group to stay there.  The hotel was lovely, really clean, and the buffet was lovely too.  All the staff there were very attentive and looked after us all very well.  We did have a couple of people with health issues and they were very caring with them.  One lady had to have gluten free food and they were lovely with her and baked bread , fresh every day just for her.  Resteraunt manager was so nice.  

In the cove were three hotels , all in the same group, and we could go into any of them for drinks, entertainment etc.  I would be more than happy to go there again.  Also, it's only ten mins out of Palma so good to pop into there in the evening too.  I'm sure you will enjoy this holiday, and of course I think it could be George Wales as tour manager which is great for the group too.  Have a lovely time .  Barbara xx

Hello Barbara,  Thanks for the information about the hotel and holiday.  Just wondering if it's the same hotel with a different name?  This one is called the Be Live Costa Palma, so it might be a different one.  Or maybe it's one of the other hotels in the Group?  If the Tour Manager is George Wales again, then that's good as I went on the Catalonia trip a couple of years ago, and he was the Tour Manager there, and looked after us well. 

Thanks again.  Dot

Dot Boyd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'suer' wrote:

Hi Dot and Mike

I'm also booked to go to Cala Mayor but my trip is not until Sept. I went on the Soller train last year when I stayed in Puerto Pollensa with JY and was really good. Anyway, do give a review of your holiday after you return. Have a great time.  Sue

Hello Sue,

Will certainly let you know what it's like!  I also did the Puerto Pollensa trip a couple of years ago and I really like it there.  Just wondering now if it was George Wales who was the Tour Manager on that trip and not Catalonia as I previously said!  Hope you enjoy your trip in September.  Dot

Mike Atterbury
(Member)
Many thanks for info Barbara and Suer!
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Dot Boyd' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

Hi Dot and Mike

Hello Sue,

Will certainly let you know what it's like!  I also did the Puerto Pollensa trip a couple of years ago and I really like it there.  Just wondering now if it was George Wales who was the Tour Manager on that trip and not Catalonia as I previously said!  Hope you enjoy your trip in September.  Dot

Hi Dot, I don't think it was George Wales when I went on that trip, it was two years ago I went but did like that hotel as it was not far from the beach or town and loved going into Palma, what a beautiful city

Barbara j
(Member)
Hi Dot, yes it was be live Costa Palma hotel in cala mayor. Sorry , confused you there lol !!!!!
Mike Atterbury
(Member)
Hi All. As a 'newbie' I phoned JY on Saturday and although they haven't got a Tour Manager allocated yet, we should know who it will be by the end of this week. Regards Mike
Dot Boyd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mike Atterbury' wrote:

Hi All. As a 'newbie' I phoned JY on Saturday and although they haven't got a Tour Manager allocated yet, we should know who it will be by the end of this week.  Regards  Mike

Hello Mike.  When I booked the holiday, by phone,I asked who the Tour Manager was and I thought they said George Wales.  But maybe I've forgotten!  Not long now before we find out though.  There were 20 people booked on the trip then, maybe a few more by now, but I don't know what the maximum number would be.  See you at the Airport!  Best wishes, Dot.