Susanxyz
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Fellow Travellers

I am undecided if to book the Ibis or Premier Inn on Bath Road Heathrow for the night before my Croatian holiday in May

I have stayed at the Ibis before so can anyone give me info both positive and negative about the Premier Inn

Both are the same price

Many Thanks

Sue 🙂

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I've stayed at both and in my opinion both are good, but the PI just edges it as the beds are extremely comfortable and the restaurant has a wider menu.  The PI is also very popular with JY travellers, so you may bump into some of the group there, whereas I've never met any fellow travellers at the Ibis!

Hope this helps,

Bob

daveJB
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I always stay at the Premier Inn on Bath Rd, I agree with Bob about the comfortable beds and the wide menu

but there is also a choice of places to eat a few minuets walk away.

Dave.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
I haven't stayed at then Ibis but I like the Premier for its comfy beds, QUIET rooms & good breakfast.
Kezzer46
(Member)
I would favour the Premier Inn.... whilst I've not stayed in this one, I've stayed in many others and the quality of their room and food is always excellent 🙂 They recently had a special offer on and the cost of the rooms was only £39.00 Room only. 🙂
SarahS
(Member)
I've not stayed at the Heathrow Ibis, But was more than happy with the Premier Inn.
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

Definitely the Premier Inn! I live in them all over the country as you can guarantee to get a really comfortable bed, a quiet room, and excellent breakfast - and dinner. I've stayed once at the Ibis some years ago - never again! It may, however, have improved. You know what you are getting with a Premier Inn!

Cheers,

Hils

Susanxyz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks everyone 🙂 for your replies  

Premier Inn it is. It will be a nice change for me as I have always stayed at the Ibis

Going to book now

Yours Sue

Susanxyz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Is there a shuttle bus from this Premier Inn to the terminals or would you need to get a taxi?  Just asking as I'll need to stay over in November for the Mekong River Cruise and checking to my options so I'm ready to book once cruise is given the green light (any update on that Mildred?).

Thanks everyone.

Hi Rose

Yes there is but the only fault is that they are only every half hour and the last time I just missed one by 2 mins so had half an hour to wait. Think its £4.50 each way--gone are the days when the hotels provided shuttle buses !

You can get the timetable off the internet

I dont know how much a taxi would be-Bob will know

I booked the Premier in yesterday -it had gone up £2 from when I looked last week

Yours Sue

SarahS
(Member)
I got a taxi from the Premier Inn to T4 last month. Hotel can book for you when you check in, and have a list of fixed prices for the journeys. The taxi was on time and dropped me outside the terminal.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose,

Taxi prices vary a bit depending on which terminal you're coming from/going to, but are generally £12 - 16.  I know it's cheaper to get the Hoppa bus but I really don't want the wait so I always get a taxi.  When leaving the PI, the taxis have always been early!

All the best,

Bob

davidj
(Member)
The last time I stayed at the PI. I used the local busses. They run every few minutes from outside the hotel to the central bus station. Quicker and cheaper than the shuttle. Free with an English bus pass.
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose,

I frequently take a taxi from the Premier Inn in Bath Road. Check with the driver how much he is going to charge - especially to Terminal 5. When I asked the other week he said £19, and when I queried it, he then said £16! I always allow £20 to include tip etc. to be on the safe side. This particular taxi driver had a very smelly taxi (which is unusual) and didn't help me with my bags getting a trolly in the rain - and me a white-haired pensioner too! Normally they are pretty good and it is so much easier than having to lug your luggage onto the Hoppa bus.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

charleyhorse
(Member)
There are 2 Premier Inns on Bath Road, Heathrow. Make sure you book the right one for your terminal. Depending on which one you stay at, it takes longer or shorter on the Hotel Hoppa bus, the Premier inn website for the hotels is helpful to suggest which is nearest.
Angie S
(Member)
I've been at Ibis twice.  It was alright.

However, a while back I booked the Premier Inn for a trip later this year having got the impression it is popular with JYers.

Angie