mayflower
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I am a newby and travelling alone for the first time.  Is anyone out there booked on the 10th May holiday

to Pompeii, if so I should I would like to hear from you.

If anyone has any tips about the Pompeii tour I would appreciate them.

Thanks Mayflower

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mayflower

Welcome! You'd picked a great trip for your first tour - I did it in September 2015 and we all had a super time.

If you put 'Pompeii' into the search box on the top right of the page, you'll find loads of reviews, hints and tips from people like me who have done the tour already.

My number one recommendation, apart from sunscreen and a hat, is to make sure you have really comfy walking shoes (closed toes) because the pavements (especially at the ruins) are extremely high and uneven. Watch your step and have a wonderful time!

All the best

Mandy

daveJB
(Member)
Hi mayflower,

This is a really lovely holiday, the hotel is right in the heart of Pompeii with shops, restaurants and ice cream

close by. If you click on the green 'search' at the top right and type 'Pompeii' you will find some good reviews.

Dave.

SarahS
(Member)
I did this tour in October 2015, and wrote a review at the time.  as has already been said, it's a great tour.  I would recommend all the optional excursions too.  Have a great time
S1ndr1
(Member)
'mayflower' wrote:

Hi,

I am a newby and travelling alone for the first time.  Is anyone out there booked on the 10th May holiday

to Pompeii, if so I should I would like to hear from you.

If anyone has any tips about the Pompeii tour I would appreciate them.

Thanks Mayflower

Hi there - I am also on this holiday on 10th May. I did my very first solo trip last year to Tuscany and loved every minute so hoping this one is as good. Look forward to meeting you and to a great holiday!  :shy: I am staying at the Hilton on 9th and would be happy to meet up if you are also around  xx