Margaret M.
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm booked on this trip and getting excited now it's only a month away. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

This is a really good website to give a taste of what's to come http://www.newzealand.com/

Margaret

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Margaret M.' wrote:

I'm booked on this trip and getting excited now it's only a month away. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

This is a really good website to give a taste of what's to come http://www.newzealand.com/

Margaret

Margaret,

Great tour I did this one a few years ago any questions just ask, I did leave a review.

Cindy

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Margaret,

Please leave a review as I am going in October. Have a great trip

Jan

Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret

I'm also booked on the tour. Looking forward to meeting you. I'll be travelling down to Heathrow on Thursday 16th and will be staying at the Premier Inn. See you soon.

Derek

Margaret M.
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Derek' wrote:

Hi Margaret

I'm also booked on the tour.  Looking forward to meeting you.  I'll be travelling down to Heathrow on Thursday 16th and will be staying at the Premier Inn.  See you soon.

Derek

Hi Derek

I will have a very early start on the 17th because I will be coming from home. Hopefully at that time in the morning there shouldn't be any problems!

Margaret

Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
Could you tell me who the Tour Manager is please?
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Derek,

The tour manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Brian Croft.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

linday
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Margaret,

Jan

Hi Jan

I'm also going in October

Linda

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

I have been looking at the excursions for this trip. Not so sure about the jet boat having read Trip Advisor. Travel insurance and liability concerns although everyone loved it. I am not a good swimmer and I know some of these jet boats insist that you have to be a competent swimmer. I think that trip is off the agenda.

Want to see Hobbiton- who doesn't and then there is a problem with the last two. Are they both on the same day? Would love to go up on the gondola and star gaze, also tour Lake Wakatipu on TSS Earnslaw. Maybe you could tell me Margaret?

See you in October Linda 🙂 

Jan

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'linday' wrote:

'janib' wrote:

Hello Margaret,

Jan

Hi Jan

I'm also going in October

Linda

I am too going in October.

Dyuti

Jellifer
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello All,

I have been looking at the excursions for this trip. Not so sure about the jet boat having read Trip Advisor. Travel insurance and liability concerns although everyone loved it. I am not a good swimmer and I know some of these jet boats insist that you have to be a competent swimmer. I think that trip is off the agenda.

Want to see Hobbiton- who doesn't and then there is a problem with the last two. Are they both on the same day? Would love to go up on the gondola and star gaze, also tour Lake Wakatipu on TSS Earnslaw. Maybe you could tell me Margaret?

See you in October Linda 🙂 

Jan

Hi Jan

I did the Jet Boat ride in Queenstown and it was fabulous.  There was no requirement to be able to swim. You do get a bit wet from the splashing but they provide waterproofs so it was all good. We were dropped off at the water on our way into Queenstown and then the others were taken straight to the hotel while we had fun spinning around. The bus came back later to pick us up.

Our whole group opted to do the TSS Earnslaw trip. Once off the boat the setting is beautiful and dinner was to a really high standard. The sheep shearing demo afterwards was interesting too. On the boat on the way back we were given song sheets and all enjoyed a good singalong around the piano...lovely memories. 

I didn't go to Hobbiton as for our trip it was scheduled for the same day as Rainbow Springs and the gondola ride which I elected to do. Those that did do Hobbiton had a wonderful time and took hundreds of photos.

If you have any other questions about anything just let me know!

ackerdollscar
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Margaret,

Jan

Hi Jan,

I am also going on this trip in October.  Would be reassuring to chat with a fellow traveller.

Lesley

ackerdollscar
(Member)
Hi Jan and Linda,

I am also going to New Zealand in October. Reassuring to chat to fellow travellers before the trip.

Lesley

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

So looking forward to hearing about this trip. Have been sent photos from Cindy and another friend is out there now. All the photos look amazing.

Jan