KENNETH T
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone.

New member to the forum, just joined today.

I'm interested in doing the Mount Rushmore trip this year, would be my first ever trip with JY.

As anybody done this trip, which is the best time to go, how full on is it, is it all coach journeys, etc.

Any information will greatly appreciated.

Regards 

Ken

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ken,

Welcome to JY!  I did the National Parks tour in Sept 2013 and absolutely loved it, one of my favourite tours.  The parks are all amazing, each one different to the last.  You will have a wonderful time, I'm sure.  The weather in September was great - overcast and a little damp in Yellowstone but sunshine everywhere else.  June would be the best bet for good weather at Yellowstone, but it could be stiflingly hot elsewhere.  I'd say May would be similar to Sept.  There was a lot of time on the coach, as you are travelling long distances but it was in no way boring - many of the landscapes we passed through were incredible and you won't be bored!  It is a hectic itinerary but not ridiculously so - all the JY long haul tours are busy, so you get the most out of your time away and as such they are really good value for money.  Any questions, ask away!

All the best,

Bob

KENNETH T
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob.

Thank you very much for your advice, it's just the just the right information I needed to help me make a decision.

Kind regards

Ken

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Ken

I'm booked on the September date along with fellow forum user Mandy (AELB).  

The itinerary has 10 hotel changes (ugh!) so as Bob says full on with extended time on the coach.  The Canadian tour manager on my recent Rockies holiday says this is an excellent tour but extremely long drives.  Got to be done if you want to see the world....

Come and join Mandy and I in September?

Regards

Sylvia

adg29
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ken

I did this trip in June 2014 and it was a truly amazing trip so I would definitely recommend. On the weather travelling north in Yellowstone there was a little snow still in places but I was still in shorts and travelling south the temperatures are warmer but very comfortable and plenty of sunshine. One thing to consider is the numbers on the trip as you will do an awful lot of getting on and of the coach for the many fantastic sights. When I went in June there were 17 on the trip and for me this was ideal although about 20 is also ok. However I believe in September the numbers can be nearer 40 which would have been to many for me but may suit you. If you ring the office they will be able to give you a better idea on numbers. You will also find some great reviews in other parts of this site with lots of useful information. So if you go enjoy.

Alan.

lizzielowe
(Member)
Hello.   I'm booked to go on the National Parks tour in June 2017.   Just wondering if any other readers on this thread will be going along on the same tour?   Interesting time to go to the USA, bearing in mind the political oddities going on at the moment!

Lizzie  🙂

Kath.banbury
(Member)
Hi lizzieloweHello.   I'm booked to go on the National Parks tour in June 2017.   Just wondering if any other readers on this thread will be going along on the same tour?   Interesting time to go to the USA, bearing in mind the political oddities going on at the moment!

Lizzie  :)

Hi Lizzie. I have just booked to go on the national Parks and Mount Rushmore tour in June. It was a bit of a spur of the moment booking but should be fun.  Cant believe it is only 11 weeks away

carol b
(Member)
Hi lizzielowe and Kath banbury.

I am also booked for June.

I have been with Just You before and have enjoyed all of my holidays. Look forward to meeting you.

carol b
(Member)

I am also booked for  June.

I have  been with Just You before and have enjoyed all of my holidays.  Look forward  to meeting you.

TrishaMary
(Member)
'carol b' wrote:

I am also booked for  June.

I have  been with Just You before and have enjoyed all of my holidays.  Look forward  to meeting you.

Hello carolb,  lizzielowe, and Kath banbury.

I am also booked on the June tour, really looking forward to it. 

I am really keen to see Monument valley and the Grand Canyon particularly. It's looks a hectic itinerary but it has to be done. 

Looking forward to meeting you.

GrahameB
(Member)
I  am also booked on this trip in June and, with just over 4 weeks to go, getting very excited. This will be my second JY holiday having done America's Historic Trail last September. If it's as good as that (and I think it will be) we are going to have a great time. Look forward to meeting everyone.