Mary Beverley
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm travelling to the States for the Mount Rushmore and National Parks trip on September 16th. I'd love to hear from anyone else who is booked on the tour. Very excited as I haven't been to America for 20 years! It's only my second trip with Just You. I've just received my pack with visa application form so it's beginning to feel close now. Having read the full and excellent review by Bob and other comments, I'm sure it will be fabulous if full-on! [/font]Mary
Wkdlizzy
(Member)
Hi Mary I have just returned from this trip it was my first just you tour and I loved it!!. It does get very tiring tho most mornings you have to be out of the hotels for half eight but it's so so worth it you'll have a great time

Liz

Mary Beverley
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Liz. Good to hear you had a great time. Will have to practice early mornings!

Mary

adg29
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mary, i was on the same trip as Liz (hi Liz) and it was so brilliant. You get to learn to nap on the coach but you will find the whole experience so rewarding.

Have fun Alan

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Mary,

I am on this trip with you and like wise this will also be my 2nd trip with Just You. It really sounds like we are going to have an amazing holiday and can you believe there are only 75 days to go!!

I've now returned my Visa application, booked the extra excursions and ordered my holiday money so like you I am starting to feel very excited. The only hurdle left is the packing, which for me is the worse part of going on holiday!! So I am off to see if I can find some packing tips.

I look forward to meeting you on the 16th.

Kerry

Mary Beverley
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alan

So pleased to hear what a great trip it was. Bit early to start packing, but very excited.

Mary

'adg29' wrote:

Hi Mary, i was on the same trip as Liz (hi Liz) and it was so brilliant. You get to learn to nap on the coach but you will find the whole experience so rewarding.

Have fun Alan

Mary Beverley
(Member) (Topic Starter)
[Hi Kerry

Also sent off visa application and received an acknowledgement. I've only booked on to a couple of extra excursions but may add more in later. Got my cash passport... not used one of those before! It's lovely to hear good things about the trip from recent travellers.

See you at Heathrow!

Mary

quote='Kezzer46' pid='251085' dateline='1404376728']

Hi Mary,

I am on this trip with you and like wise this will also be my 2nd trip with Just You. It really sounds like we are going to have an amazing holiday and can you believe there are only 75 days to go!!

I've now returned my Visa application, booked the extra excursions and ordered my holiday money so like you I am starting to feel very excited. The only hurdle left is the packing, which for me is the worse part of going on holiday!! So I am off to see if I can find some packing tips.

Kerry

Mary Beverley
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mary wrote:

[Hi Kerry

Also sent off visa application and received an acknowledgement. I've only booked on to a couple of extra excursions but may add more in later. Got my cash passport... not used one of those before! It's lovely to hear good things about the trip from recent travellers.

See you at Heathrow!

Mary

Hi Mary,

Kerry

Hi Kerry

Yes... the packing... cue groans!! I was looking at the weatherbase website for the places we are visiting... could be hot, could be cold, could rain heavily or not. Could even snow. So there's a challenge for us. I believe we have porterage for 1 case, so at least we don't have to do all the carrying! I've now booked on to some of the extra excursions... the Monument valley 4 x 4 drive, Salt lake, L V by night and the Snake River Float. Still dithering about the helicopter flight at the Grand Canyon.How about you? Where are you travelling from to Heathrow? I live in Colchester so am booked on a coach at 8.30am ... just hope there are no traffic delays, or I will be stressing!! x mary

Pauline71
(Member)
Hi Mary,

I did this trip in June, it was brilliant! Unfortunately the Sna[/b]ke River trip was cancelled due to the bad weather, but I did the helicopter trip although I was very nervous about it. No need to have worried as I loved it, so I would recommend that you just book it!

Pauline

[Hi Kerry

See you at Heathrow!

Mary

Hi Mary,

Kerry

Hi Kerry

Yes... the packing... cue groans!! I was looking at the weatherbase website for the places we are visiting... could be hot, could be cold, could rain heavily or not. Could even snow. So there's a challenge for us. I believe we have porterage for 1 case, so at least we don't have to do all the carrying! I've now booked on to some of the extra excursions... the Monument valley 4 x 4 drive, Salt lake, L V by night and the Snake River Float. Still dithering about the helicopter flight at the Grand Canyon.How about you? Where are you travelling from to Heathrow? I live in Colchester so am booked on a coach at 8.30am ... just hope there are no traffic delays, or I will be stressing!! x mary

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Mary,

Yes you are right about the weather and packing. I've decided to take my waterproof jacket and 1 or 2 fleeces - I'm hoping this will do me in the cooler weather. Then I am taking a mixture of t-shirts, jeans and 3/4 length trousers, with some nice tops for the evening should we get the time to change before dinner.

By the way, yesterday I logged on to the webcam at Yellowstone Park and it was a beautiful sunny day with everyone and his dog in shorts!! so fingers crossed.

Like you, I've booked myself on all the excusions except for the monument valley flight - which unfortunately was too expensive. I have booked the helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. I few over it in a light plane some years ago but I've always wanted to try a helicopter ride and what a fantastic place to do it in. That said, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it.

I live near Harrow so its only a shortly journey for me to the airport, but I'm always stressed until I've got through security - then I find I can relax. I will keep my fingers crossed your journey from Colchester runs smoothly.

Just in case you didn't realise,there are now only 62 days to go before our holiday!

Kerry

Mary Beverley
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Kezzer46' wrote:

Hi Mary,

Yes you are right about the weather and packing. I've decided to take my waterproof jacket and 1 or 2 fleeces - I'm hoping this will do me in the cooler weather. Then I am taking a mixture of t-shirts, jeans and 3/4 length trousers, with some nice tops for the evening should we get the time to change before dinner.

By the way, yesterday I logged on to the webcam at Yellowstone Park and it was a beautiful sunny day with everyone and his dog in shorts!! so fingers crossed.

Like you, I've booked myself on all the excusions except for the monument valley flight - which unfortunately was too expensive. I have booked the helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. I few over it in a light plane some years ago but I've always wanted to try a helicopter ride and what a fantastic place to do it in. That said, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it.

I live near Harrow so its only a shortly journey for me to the airport, but I'm always stressed until I've got through security - then I find I can relax. I will keep my fingers crossed your journey from Colchester runs smoothly.

Just in case you didn't realise,there are now only 62 days to go before our holiday!

Kerry

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your reply. I'm mulling over the Grand Canyon flight. As I've booked on the Monument Valley drive I probably won't have time to do that flight, which as you say, is very expensive... though brilliant I gather.

Is it really only 62 days to go? I gather from Julia at JY the tour is fully booked with 40 people going on it and we have been assigned a very good tour guide. I also checked and there is porterage of 1 case each throughout the holiday... so maybe I can take the extra pair of shoes!! See you at Heathrow no doubt.

Mary