Bridget Jane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm booked on the May 2017 Wild Borneo holiday.  Would love to hear from any fellow travellers!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Julienpoppy
(Member)
'Bridget Jane' wrote:

Hi, I'm booked on the May 2017 Wild Borneo holiday.  Would love to hear from any fellow travellers!! 🙂 🙂 :)

Me too, Manchester departure with Singapore add on.

Julie

Bridget Jane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julienpoppy' wrote:

'Bridget Jane' wrote:

Hi, I'm booked on the May 2017 Wild Borneo holiday.  Would love to hear from any fellow travellers!! 🙂 🙂 :)

Me too, Manchester departure with Singapore add on.

Julie

Hi Julie,  lovely to hear from a fellow traveller!  I'm flying from Heathrow and not doing the add on so I'll see you there. REALLY looking forward to the holiday!!! It won't be long now.

Bridget

Joy8532
(Member)
Me too but with the Singapore add on. Won't be LNG.
Lindasmith
(Member)
Hi Julie, Bridget and Joy! I'm on the Borneo May trip. Is anyone staying overnight at Heathrow? I'm staying in Terminal 4 Hilton. Getting exited now and a little nervous ? as a I have never travelled alone before. I'm doing my own add on at the Shangri la Rasa Ria resort for 5 nights just to chill out at the end of my experience. Would love to hear from more fellow travellers
Simmag
(Member)
Hi just wondered who our Tour Manager is for 15th June departure and how many are on trip - also how many doing Singapore add on
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Simmag,

The tour manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Alison Bisset.

There are also 18 travellers booked on this holiday and 7 are doing the Singapore add on.

I hope you have a lovely trip.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Simmag
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Simmag,

The tour manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Alison Bisset.

There are also 18 travellers booked on this holiday and 7 are doing the Singapore add on.

I hope you have a lovely trip.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Thank you Mildred - was with Alison in S America so well pleased. Maggie

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
Re Borneo

I've just been to travel nurse and am not sure if I am going to need Rabies jabs or not. Apparently it may depend on how far from help we'll be if bitten by an animal on the trip.

Is there a policy in place for such eventualities eg do tour guides have easy access to medical assistance within 24 hrs?

Thank you for any suggestions or knowledge anyone can offer

Sue

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I had a rabies jab before going to Costa Rica - in the somewhat unlikely event I might get bitten by a monkey!  I really do not think it is needed, certainly not for the Borneo tour (I did it last year) as you will not be getting that close to the wildlife (you'll probably be wishing you were in fact a bit closer to them!).  In any case, the rabies jab allows you 72 hours to get to a medical centre and you could certainly do this with ease on the Borneo tour, not that I'm sure you'd need it!

This is a great tour - especially the three days at the lodges.  I hope you are doing Singapore as well, it was the icing on the cake!

All the best,

Bob

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sue I' wrote:

Re Borneo

I've just been to travel nurse and am not sure if I am going to need Rabies jabs or not. Apparently it may depend on how far from help we'll be if bitten by an animal on the trip.

Is there a policy in place for such eventualities eg do tour guides have easy access to medical assistance within 24 hrs?

Sue

Hi Sue,

I have done this trip, and we definitely did not need Rabies. You are never that far away from medical assistance, even in the lodges. I have only ever had one Rabies jab and I have travelled all over the world.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hils

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Sue,

I had a rabies jab before going to Costa Rica - in the somewhat unlikely event I might get bitten by a monkey!  I really do not think it is needed, certainly not for the Borneo tour (I did it last year) as you will not be getting that close to the wildlife (you'll probably be wishing you were in fact a bit closer to them!).  In any case, the rabies jab allows you 72 hours to get to a medical centre and you could certainly do this with ease on the Borneo tour, not that I'm sure you'd need it!

This is a great tour - especially the three days at the lodges.  I hope you are doing Singapore as well, it was the icing on the cake!

All the best,

Bob

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
'EBGray' wrote:

Hi Sue,

All the best,

Bob

Thank you for your advice Bob. Much appreciated ?

Sue

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DHils' wrote:

'Sue I' wrote:

Re Borneo

Sue

Hi Sue,

I have done this trip, and we definitely did not need Rabies. You are never that far away from medical assistance, even in the lodges. I have only ever had one Rabies jab and I have travelled all over the world.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hils

Hi Hils

Many thanks for your advice. Much appreciated

Cheers 

Sue