Siani81
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm booked on the Wild Borneo trip flying from Heathrow 15th June coming up from South Wales.  Would love to hear from others who are booked on the same trip and also those who have been, any advice or handy tips would be appreciated ?
Bridget Jane
(Member)
Hello Sian, I'm on the May Borneo trip but am also from South Wales. Penclawdd on Gower. Shame we aren't on the same one as we could have travelled together. Maybe we will meet up on another trip. Getting excited about this one. No too long now!!!???
Lindasmith
(Member)
Hello Bridget. I am on this trip to Borneo travelling from Heathrow. Never travelled on my own before so I'm very nervous! I've heard there are 11 in the group? I will flying from Leeds the day before and staying at the Hilton at Terminal 4
Simmag
(Member)
Hi

I am on the June Borneo trip.  Will be travelling down from Newcastle day before.  Will be booking into Hilton terminal 4 too.  We could meet up for dinner that night if you wish and do the transfer by Heathrow express together the next day.  Really looking forward to this- are you doing the add on?

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Siani81 & fellow travellers.

If you have a look in the Review section you will find some excellent reviews for this holiday and lots of tips. Have a great trip

Bridget Jane
(Member)
'Lindasmith' wrote:

Hello Bridget.  I am on this trip to Borneo travelling from Heathrow. Never travelled on my own before so I'm very nervous!  I've heard there are 11 in the group?  I will flying from Leeds the day before and staying at the Hilton at Terminal 4

Hello Linda, are you on the May trip the same as me or the June?  I'm travelling up from Swansea the day before and will be staying in the Park inn by Radison.  Don't be nervous. You will be absolutely fine and have a fabulous time.  Everyone on these holidays are really friendly. I went on my first JY holiday six years ago.  I was VERY scared but it was wonderful!!! I now go on an adventure every year.  My 'to do' list is getting longer and longer. Hopefully see you soon  🙂 🙂 🙂

Siani81
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Simmag' wrote:

Hi

I am on the June Borneo trip.  Will be travelling down from Newcastle day before.  Will be booking into Hilton terminal 4 too.  We could meet up for dinner that night if you wish and do the transfer by Heathrow express together the next day.  Really looking forward to this- are you doing the add on?

Hi,

I'm going to go up the night before too, have you already booked the hotel? 

Is this your first time? I've got a mixture of nervousness and excitement ? I'm just doing the Borneo trip this time I didn't trust myself in a foreign country on my own

Siani81
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bridget Jane' wrote:

Hello Sian, I'm on the May Borneo trip but am also from South Wales.  Penclawdd on Gower. Shame we aren't on the same one as we could have travelled together.  Maybe we will meet up on another trip.  Getting excited about this one. No too long now!!!???

Ah I'm excited for you! You'll have to let me know how you get on and any handy tips ?

Hope you have a lovely time, it looks awesome ?

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi

did Borneo with Singapore add on last May, was wonderful, saw so much wildlife from Orangs to Pygmy Elephants, you are in for a real treat

any questions just ask

Dave

from mid wales

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bridget Jane' wrote:

Hello Sian, I'm on the May Borneo trip but am also from South Wales.  Penclawdd on Gower. Shame we aren't on the same one as we could have travelled together.  Maybe we will meet up on another trip.  Getting excited about this one. No too long now!!!???

Hello Sian & Bridget

I am yet another one from South Wales (Cardiff in my case) who is interested in Borneo: I went on this holiday last May, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience: this remains one of my favourite long-haul trips to Asia, and I am sure that you will love every minute of it.

I would recommend doing the Singapore add-on if you have not yet been there.

Jim

Lindasmith
(Member)
'Bridget Jane' wrote:

'Lindasmith' wrote:

Hello Bridget.  I am on this trip to Borneo travelling from Heathrow. Never travelled on my own before so I'm very nervous!  I've heard there are 11 in the group?  I will flying from Leeds the day before and staying at the Hilton at Terminal 4

Hello Linda, are you on the May trip the same as me or the June?  I'm travelling up from Swansea the day before and will be staying in the Park inn by Radison.  Don't be nervous. You will be absolutely fine and have a fabulous time.  Everyone on these holidays are really friendly. I went on my first JY holiday six years ago.  I was VERY scared but it was wonderful!!! I now go on an adventure every year.  My 'to do' list is getting longer and longer. Hopefully see you soon  🙂 🙂 :)

Hello Bridget. Only just found this reply as I was not notified by email for some reason.  I thinkI will be ok once I meet the group.  Heathrow scares me a bit which is why I booked the Hilton as apparently I can walk to the hotel.  Looking forward to meeting you! ?

An walk

Lindasmith
(Member)
'Simmag' wrote:

Hi

Sorry for late reply. I was notified via email for some reason and took a while to find it. I am on the May trip so that's a pity. I have added a stay on n the Shangril La rasa Ria resort ? So will be on my own . Hope fully by then I will have gained confidence

Simmag
(Member)
'Siani81' wrote:

'Simmag' wrote:

Hi

Hi,

Is this your first time? I've got a mixture of nervousness and excitement ? I'm just doing the Borneo trip this time I didn't trust myself in a foreign country on my own

Simmag
(Member)
'Siani81' wrote:

'Simmag' wrote:

Hi

Hi,

Hi

Yes am booked into Hilton terminal 4 - see flight is from there so just a short walk to terminal.  This is my 5th trip with Just You but can remember the nerves of my first - you will be fine - I have always found everyone friendly.

Siani81
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Simmag' wrote:

'Siani81' wrote:

'Simmag' wrote:

Hi

Hi,

Hi

Yes am booked into Hilton terminal 4 - see flight is from there so just a short walk to terminal.  This is my 5th trip with Just You but can remember the nerves of my first - you will be fine - I have always found everyone friendly.

Great I'll see if I can book in there too, it's a minefield with all the different hotels! 5th trip! Any handy tips would be gratefully accepted  🙂 Is this your first time on the Borneo trip?

vickimac
(Member)
Hi.

I'm also going to  Borneo in May. I'm beginning to get excited now! This is my second JY  holiday but have been with another single traveller company several times. I'm staying at the Hilton the night before so maybe we could meet up there? Vicki

pat534
(Member)
just booked for November
Joy8532
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi

did Borneo with Singapore add on last May,  was wonderful,  saw so much wildlife from Orangs to Pygmy Elephants,  you are in for a real treat

any questions just ask

Dave

from mid wales

Joy8532
(Member)
Hello Bridget, I'm on the Borneo trip in May too. No doubt catch up with you at Heathrow. I think but not sure that we have access to the exec lounge At the airport which is a nice place to meet fellow travellers. Not long now. ?