SammyJay
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone had done the Naples, Pompeii and Sorrento trip?  Am thinking of booking my first JY holiday in September and wondered if this would be a good starting point? If I enjoy it, I'm hoping to then do Canada in 2018 as I'll be 50.

Many thanks

Sam

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sam

Welcome to the Community!

I did this tour in September 2015 and had an absolute blast. If you put 'Pompeii' into the search function at the top right of the page, you find reviews from me and several others with loads of hints and tips. I thoroughly recommend it for your first JY experience.....especially if you like gelato...

I also urge you to go ahead with Canada for your big '49 plus VAT' next year. I've done both Eastern Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer trip and both were superb. Go for it - you will love it!

Happy to help with any other questions once you've had a look at the reviews on either trip.

All the best

Mandy

CLIVE W
(Member)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Sam

Welcome to the Community!

I did this tour in September 2015 and had an absolute blast. If you put 'Pompeii' into the search function at the top right of the page, you find reviews from me and several others with loads of hints and tips. I thoroughly recommend it for your first JY experience.....especially if you like gelato...

I also urge you to go ahead with Canada for your big '49 plus VAT' next year. I've done both Eastern Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer trip and both were superb. Go for it - you will love it!

Happy to help with any other questions once you've had a look at the reviews on either trip.

All the best

Mandy

CLIVE W
(Member)
Hello Sam

I went on this tour in August 2015 and it was great. Just a word of warning though, be careful in Naples, one of the gentleman went there and was mugged for his watch at the railway station. Apart from that it was a great trip.

Have a good time wherever you go.

Clive

SarahS
(Member)
I second the earlier replies. It's a great trip. If you use the same hotel in Pompeii as we did it's an easy walk back to the ruins if you fancy a second look. Also, the chance to visit  Capri and the Amalfi coast and Sorento make this a great tour. I  posted a review of my tour which you might find  useful .  I hope you have as great a time as I did.
CarolineF
(Member)
Hi Sam, I'm booked onto this tour departing 13 September... see you there???
wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
i hope you do book, this is my next trip! Have wanted to this this tor since finding it! Hopefully next year for me!

Ann

Denwot
(Member)
Hi Sam,

I'm booked to do this holiday on the 30th August. Really looking forward to it, have previously done Highlights of Tuscany and Discover Apulia.

Denise