PortlandHeather
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. My name is Heather and I just booked my first holiday. Really excited about going to China next year. I am 58 and live alone on the beautiful island of Portland,Dorset. Would love to make contact with others going on this trip.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Heather,

You have booked a great tour for your first JY experience - I did it two years ago and loved it, you will see and do so much.  You have booked well in advance so you may not get (m)any responses at this time as I've found the majority of JY folks seem to book between four and eight months before going and, of course, a lot of them don't use the forum.  Any questions you may have about this tour I'd be happy to answer them.

All the best,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
I absolutely agree with Bob. China is an amazing experience. I was there in October 2013. It's sill one of my favourite tours. There are lots of reviews and useful tips on the site to give you a flavour of whats in store.
Marion F
(Member)
'I wrote:

Hi. My name is Heather and I just booked my first holiday. Really excited about going to China next year. I am 58 and live alone on the beautiful island of Portland,Dorset. Would love to make contact with others going on this trip.

Hi Heather

I live just down the road from you in Sunny Weymouth!   I have already booked this tour for next October.  What a shame we didn't know in advance, and book the same date.

Best wishes

Marion

PortlandHeather
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'CBGray' wrote:

Hi Heather,

You have booked a great tour for your first JY experience - I did it two years ago and loved it, you will see and do so much.  You have booked well in advance so you may not get (m)any responses at this time as I've found the majority of JY folks seem to book between four and eight months before going and, of course, a lot of them don't use the forum.  Any questions you may have about this tour I'd be happy to answer them.

All the best,

Bob

I thought I was a bit premature posting, but am already mega excited ?

PortlandHeather
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Marion F' wrote:

'I  PortlandHeather' wrote:

Hi Heather

I live just down the road from you in Sunny Weymouth!   I have already booked this tour for next October.  What a shame we didn't know in advance, and book the same date.

Best wishes

Marion

What a shame. At least you will be able to advise what to pack and more importantly what not to pack ?

IanWight
(Member)
Hi Heather,

I did China with TS last month & it is, so far as I can remember, the only trip where I have worn shorts as it was hot and a scarf as it was cold (although not at the same time) on the same trip!

We started off mid October in Shanghai & then a Yangtze cruise and that was shorts and polo shirt weather. It was comfortable for the pandas but we met rain for the terracotta army (although the exhibits are indoors) before heading for Beijing, where the scarf came out, and where there was black ice on the shaded parts of the Great Wall.

I looked at a weather site before I went which suggested 60F all the way round but don't believe all you see on the web! (Reviews here excepted of course!) but having a pal who had been there before I was warned I might find it cold in Beijing.

Layers are the order of the day.

It was a great trip and you are sure to have a great time - whatever the weather is doing.

Ian

PollyO
(Member)
'PortlandHeather' wrote:

Hi Heather,  I have just booked this trip.  I have been on seven trips with JY and can thoroughly recommend them.  I live in Somerset, so not too far away!  Normally we meet in one of the lounges at the airport so that you can get to meet your fellow travellers. Feel free to message me back.  Polly

Gail.happydays
(Member)
'PortlandHeather' wrote:

Hi. My name isiHeather and I just booked my first holiday. Really excited about going to China next year. I am 58 and live alone on the beautiful island of Portland,Dorset. Would love to make contact with others going on this trip.

HI Heather

I'm on the same trip as you, in November 2017.  Not long to go now, very excited about it all.  I've been on another Just You holiday and that was good fun.  I met a lady there who has done this trip to China, and she was very enthusiastic about the holiday. How is the holiday preparations going?

AndyF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi there, I'm Andy and i have booked on the Nov 2107 china tour. I would be interested to hear from anyone who is also going to china this November.
AndyF
  • (Member)
(Member)
'PortlandHeather' wrote:

Hi Heather,

I'm heading to China on the 13th November looking forward to the trip. Don't know what to pack though.

Andy

malmooch
(Member)
Hi Andy and Heather.

I am also going on the trip and now really excited. Can't believe its just under 4 weeks to go.

I have read a lot of the reviews and it seems we should pack for both a bit of summer and definitely winter weather in Beijing which might be quite cold.

Although I did smile at one review, that said it was going to be so fantastic, we would need a holiday when we get back. But at least Christmas won't be that far off after we get back 🙂.

Look forward to meeting you both at the airport on the 13th.

Anita

JulieAzz
(Member)
Hi all,

I'm booked on the trip on 13th November. I'm wondering how much Chinese currency to take?

I've read that it's ideal to take a small amount of cash and then take any extra out of ATMs?

Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks

Julie

JulieAzz
(Member)
Hi all

I'm booked on the Inspirational China trip leaving on 13th November!

I've only done one JY tour before - Route 66, got back last week!

I hope the China trip is as much fun!

Look forward to meeting you all.

Julie

AndyF
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JulieAzz' wrote:

Hi all,

I'm booked on the trip on 13th November. I'm wondering how much Chinese currency to take?

I've read that it's ideal to take a small amount of cash and then take any extra out of ATMs?

Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks

Julie

Hi Julie,

I'm on the same trip as you and had the same question question please see below for the response i got from JY.

Andy

"

Good Morning Andy, 

I would bring enough cash with you since credit/debit cards are only accepted in hotels, larger restaurants and larger stores/malls, and cash can be used at markets, small restaurants and for taxis. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2942...tions.html  

Kindest Regards,

Amy

"

JulieAzz
(Member)
Thanks Andy!

See you next Monday!

malmooch
(Member)
Hi all

I am not sure if anyone has asked recently but any idea of how many people are going to China on MONDAY!!

Look forward to seeing you all at the airport.

Anita

Jolanta Collin
(Member)
Hello. My name is Jola and I am also going to China on monday 13th. Looking forward to meeting other members of this tour.
AndyF
  • (Member)
(Member)
'malmooch' wrote:

Hi all

I am not sure if anyone has asked recently but any idea of how many people are going to China on MONDAY!!

Look forward to seeing you all at the airport.

Anita

Hi Anita 

According to JY there are thirteen of us on the trip.

c u soon

Andy

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Anita,

I can tell you that 15 travellers are booked onto this trip. 3 are male and 12 are female. The ages range between late 30s - late 60s.

Have a superb trip!

Kind Regards,

Amy