Monty
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi am looking at booking my first single holiday 2017  never been on my own before

what tips and idea can you give me (female) 

Thanks

Sue

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Sue

Best advice I can give you is choose a holiday and go for it. I took early retirement in 2009 and drew up a wish list of things I wanted to see. My first JY trip was in 2010 to China. I was very nervous about this but soon relaxed when I met up with the group at Heathrow. Have done five long haul an three European holidays since and am off to Sicily in two days.

If you need an advice about a specific holiday post again and someone who has been will respond.

Hope this helps

Lesley

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Monty.  Welcome to JY.  As Lesley says pick a holiday you want to do and then you have something in common with the other travellers straight away.  Unless you are the type to dive in deep pick a shortish break - I did  Monet's Garden for my first one as it was somewhere I had always wanted to go.  Don't have pre-conceived ideas about age groups - it is just a number.

Good luck

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sue

Welcome, I have done many tours with JY since 2006 near and far, furthest NZ, many USA tours and a few to Europe. They have all been very good for different reasons, all I can advise you to do is have aim depth look at what a tour offers, food, excursions, etc. USA tours only offer bed and breakfast, European tours can be half board.

Also there can be extra excursions or things you can do so those need to be planned for as the cost can mount up.

From a women's point of view these tours are very safe, the ladies normally out number the men, everyone mucks in and gets on together, people do buddy up, age of the group can vary, I think that's a good thing, I have spent many a day with people much younger or much older than myself but I love being with a varied group. You won't get on with everyone but that's life, at the end of the day it's only a week or two and even I ? can get onwith people for that amount of time. I have done things I would never think of doing helicopter flights, jet boat rides, I have seen amazing sights animals in the wild in Kenya, so many iconic sights in the USA, NZ breath taking views, with out JY I wouldn't of achieved all this.

if you have a tour in mind have a look at the reviews and see what people say, you can post on the editors board the tour and date and they will be able to tell you group size M/F ratio age etc.

So go for it I say....

Any questions just ask.

Cindy