sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well it has arrived and after a look through the Regional Flight & Price Guide I was very disappointed to note that there is not one tour from Leeds-Bradfprd airport or East Midlands.  Yes, Manchester is there, but from where I live it is a hell hole to get to.

Sylvia

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Sylvia,

I am very sorry that there are no flights from your local airport. I understand that it must be inconvenient for you.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Saramai
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

Well it has arrived and after a look through the Regional Flight & Price Guide I was very disappointed to note that there is not one tour from Leeds-Bradfprd airport or East Midlands.  Yes, Manchester is there, but from where I live it is a hell hole to get to.

Sylvia

A quick look only but can't find Manchester either. Ridiculous, because getting to Heathrow and Gatwick from North Wales is really difficult and very costly. Won't be going on their holidays because  obviously they only want people from the south. Very cross and disappointed but not surprised.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Saramai,

I have looked at the new Regional Flight and Price guide and I can tell you that there are 34 flights departing from Manchester but I am sorry that getting to Manchester is inconvenient for you.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Bosuncat
(Member)
I've expressed my disappointment on the lack of regional flights particularly from East Midlands in the new brochure too Sylvia.  I'm waiting for it to be moderated.

Even Leeds/Bradford is better than going down to Gatwick!

intrepid traveller
(Member)
Well, be grateful that you actually have a book.  After many holidays with JY it seems I am not on mailing list!
Moderator2
(Member)
'intrepid traveller' wrote:

Well, be grateful that you actually have a book.  After many holidays with JY it seems I am not on mailing list!

Good Afternoon,

It seems that at some point you ticked the 'Do Not Mail' box which is why you haven't received the brochure yet.

Do you want us to un-tick the box so you start receiving the brochures via post?

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Moderator2
(Member)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Still waiting for my brochure but hoping for a few departures from Birmingham?

Good Afternoon,

A brochure has been sent over to you and it should arrive at your doorstep very soon.

I can tell you that there are 14 holidays departing from Birmingham.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

magpie10
(Member)
Good afternoon,

I have all of ONE holiday from Newcastle, and I did this tour last October.

I don't even mind flying from Heathrow or Manchester, even though it costs me about an extra £200 and added inconvenience to do it, but I really fancied Madeira next year, only to discover it's only going from Gatwick. This will mean flying to Heathrow, allowing a good 2 hours for getting a bus to Gatwick, no doubt having a hotel stay, and the same on the way back. This would add between £300-400 to the cost of what is essentially a week in Europe. I wish JY would offer some extra departure airports besides Gatwick ?.

Do you know if any additional departure airports will be added for the next brochure?

Regards

Caroline

sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Saramai' wrote:

'sjm533' wrote:

Sylvia

A quick look only but can't find Manchester either. Ridiculous, because getting to Heathrow and Gatwick from North Wales is really difficult and very costly. Won't be going on their holidays because  obviously they only want people from the south. Very cross and disappointed but not surprised.

Hi Saramai

Manchester is there - page 5 of the Regional flights booklet.  Unfortunately the only trips that really interest me are from Gatwick, and that is too much trouble to reach - 9 hours on a coach with two changes or train and across London - no thanks.  Like you, I won't be going on any of their holidays either.

Sylvia

SarahS
(Member)
Anything new from Stansted or Southend?
Moderator2
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Anything new from  Stansted  or Southend?

Good Morning SarahS,

Sun kissed Sardinia is a new tour departing from Stansted and it looks amazing.

We offer connecting flights depending on where you're travelling from.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Julie White
(Member)
Hello Mildred,

I haven't received my brochure yet and I normally get them by post. Can you please check that I haven't been ticked by mistake

Regards Julie

karenutd
(Member)
I too agree with a lot of comments, I live in Manchester and not as many trips as down South ie Gatwick and Heathrow, Plus the supplements can add up and hotel stops and connecting flights.

Kind Regards

Karen :huh:

Moderator2
(Member)
'Julie White' wrote:

Hello Mildred,

I haven't received my brochure yet and I normally get them by post.  Can you please check that I haven't been ticked by mistake

Regards Julie

Good Morning Julie,

I am so sorry to hear that you haven't received your brochure yet.

I have looked into this and I can tell you that your brochure will be sent out today and you will receive it either tomorrow or on the 21st.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Rose,

I requested a brochure be sent out to you last week but I will check to make sure.

I have also un-ticked you from the 'Do Not Mail' box.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mildred,

No new brochures here either I'm afraid - Julia has gone to huge lengths in the past to ensure I get the brochures but there do seem to be some glitches in the system.  Would you mind checking to see if one was sent to me?  As I live in Ireland they can take longer to reach me but I'm very keen to get it before I book my next tour!!  Reading it online just isn't the same...

All the best,

Bob

Julie White
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'Julie White' wrote:

Hello Mildred,

I haven't received my brochure yet and I normally get them by post.  Can you please check that I haven't been ticked by mistake

Regards Julie

Good Morning Julie,

I have looked into this and I can tell you that your brochure will be sent out today and you will receive it either tomorrow or on the 21st.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Julie White
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'Julie White' wrote:

Hello Mildred,

Regards Julie

Good Morning Julie,

Thank

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Julie White
(Member)
Thanks Mildred

Regards Julie