eddie196
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm Eddie and I have just joined. Would like to know if groups talking a holiday are sorted by age.
lesley07
(Member)
Hi Eddie

Groups are not determined by the ages of travellers. Most groups I have travelled with have predominantly included people aged between early 50s to early 80s. Younger people have been on the long haul trips I have done and I have enjoyed this mix.

Lesley

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Eddie.

Holidays are not sorted by age by JY.  You may find that certain holiday types appeal to particular age groups altho from my experience that isn't much of a steer either! There have been many posts on here about the age of travellers mainly from people worried about being stuck with 'fogies', but I can assure you that if you pick a holiday destination that you want to do you will be with like minded people and age won't matter.  I have travelled with 80 year olds with more go in them than some of the 30 years old I work with.  Age is just a number- travel is a state of mind.  Gender split is more of a factor with many holidays being weighted in favour of ladies.

Dive in - you won't regret it.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Eddie

I agree with what Lesley and Jonah have said. I have travelled near and far, with older and younger (I am now 57) and started useing JY in 2006. You all pick a tour for a reason so you have that in common with the other travellers, I totally agree age is just a number, I have had great conversations with much older people, and I have been out walked by many older people.

So give it a go if you don't like it don't do it again?

You can always ask in the editors boards on here the age range how many M/F ratio etc if that help

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Eddie

I agree with all the replies by Cindy, Jonah and Lesley. I would just add that Age is just a number. If you get on with people of all ages then Just You is the place for you. You are travelling with like minded people of all ages. Like Jonah I too have travelled with 80+ years old and they had more energy and drive than younger people.

Regards

Jaya

SarahS
(Member)
I agree with all previous comments.  Age really is just a number.  A reasonable level  of fitness and an open mind is much more important.