Dina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone

I assume we have all received a letter or e-mail regarding a small holdall or rucksack which we will need for our 2 night stay at the Abai jungle lodge because we can't take suitcases. I feel pretty certain though the rucksacks or holdalls will be needed for 3 nights as the following night we are in another jungle lodge. 

I think Dave has asked Julia or Monty about this.

Bob, didn't you ask about this previously?

best wishes Di

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di,

Hils and Mike W kindly emailed me on Saturday to let me know about this, for which I am very grateful as I haven't received a letter yet.  This is very annoying - as you say, I did specifically ask about this a couple of months back.  Here's the link to the thread:

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-82958.html 

I even asked Monty to double check that an overnight bag wasn't needed and she said she had checked with the holiday creator and it definitely wasn't!  Thankfully I bought such a holdall a little while back, so I have something suitable - and I think you're right, we will most likely have to pack for three nights, not two, as the lodge at Sukau is further up river.  It will be a pain to have to transfer half our stuff into a holdall and then transfer it back again, but this can't be helped I suppose.  I hope JY have given the local agents a roasting over this!  My holdall is a good size - and it will need to be, to take everything we need for the jungle with us - and I will obviously be taking my mini rucksack as well - I will need to bring it with us on the excursions to keep my camera equipment dry if/when it rains!

Cheers,

Bob

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sigh! First we get handed a flight change back to Singapore which benefits no one except JY, and now It transpires that we were given wrong information to a question posed by Bob about 2 months ago!

I'll be taking a hold-all and a rucksack for the overnight stops but I'm bound to ask; what is going on at JY HQ?Things never used to be this way!

Mike

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi all, all us little guinea pigs...

I fully understand that the need for an overnight bag is necessary for our trip to these remote lodges by boat but the correct information on this could have surfaced a long time ago, most people do have rucksacks but then at this late stage finding ourselves shopping for something a little more, I too recall Bob asking about this some time ago and even now we seem to be given incorrect information as I also assume that our holdall will have to do for 3 nights not 2 as stated in the letter

an extra list of items to take with me to the jungle has now made it's way into my suitcase along with a previously uninvited holdall lol

this adventure of adventures begins for me tomorrow Borneo here we come!!!!!!

Dave

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone

I have just posted a thread requesting Monty to find out exactly when we will be reunited with our suitcases as this will help us to pack accordingly. Have just ordered a soft folding holdall from Amazon and expect delivery tomorrow. They better deliver as I have been charged near £7.50 for postage. Standard delivery was free but I would not have received it till 19 May when I would have already left for the flight.

Jaya

sjm533
(Member)
'mikew' wrote:

Sigh! First we get handed a flight change back to Singapore which benefits no one except JY, and now It transpires that we were given wrong information to a question posed by Bob about 2 months ago!

I'll be taking a hold-all and a rucksack for the overnight stops but I'm bound to ask; what is going on at JY HQ?Things never used to be this way!

Mike

That's what happens when good companies get taken over, usually by the not so good, and it is profit before people.  That is why I have found another company to travel with, unless JY go somewhere where I absolutely have to go to.

Sylvia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
I’m sorry to hear that you aren’t travelling with us as often, Sylvia – hopefully we will be able to tempt you with new destinations in the future.

Like any holiday company, when we launch new tours we often come face-to-face with some teething problems – we can usually fix these before we launch the holidays and the first set of documentation is sent out. Sometimes, and sadly, it’s after a customer has seen a brochure or received their holiday information. These are your holidays, places you’ve wanted to visit, new memories that you want to create and it is our responsibility to make them experiences to remember, and for the right reasons. We have a fantastic team here at Just You who strive to put the customer at the heart of what we do. We take all the feedback we receive, both positive and negative, very seriously so that we can continuously improve what we are able to offer our customers in the future.

I do hope that we see you on another tour soon and that we can change your opinion of how we are doing.

Kindest regards,

Julia