Yve
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Looking forward to the America's Golden West tour which is coming up fast and will be an outing for my new passport. While on this subject, and I hope many of you now know this already, from 1st April 2016 British citizens travelling to the US will be refused entry if they do not have an ePassport with an electric chip.  

Happy travels.

Ive

ALI49
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I am booked on the Yosemite USA trip on the 16th May my first JY trip after seeing the posting about passports, from 1st April 2016 British citizens travelling to the US will be refused entry if they do not have an ePassport with an electric chip. How do I know if I have got a ePassport with a chip? My UK passport was renewed in Nov 11. JY are sorting the Esta out for me. Would appreciate any information on this to stop me going into panic mode.

Thanks

Ali

SKW2962
(Member)
'ALI49' wrote:

Hi I am booked on the Yosemite USA trip on the 16th May my first JY trip after seeing the posting about passports, from 1st April 2016 British citizens travelling to the US will be refused entry if they do not have an ePassport with an electric chip. How do I know if I have got a ePassport with a chip? My UK passport was renewed in Nov 11. JY are sorting the Esta out for me. Would appreciate any information on this to stop me going into panic mode.

Thanks

Ali

Ali,

If you have a red/purple passport with the front cover "European Union United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" - if it is an ePassport it should have the image of a camera at the bottom below "PASSPORT" and on the top right hand corner of the photo page.

Sandy

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ALI49' wrote:

Thanks

Ali

Don't worry!   My passport was also renewed in November 11 and has the chip.   Look at the front cover - underneath the word PASSPORT is a gold-blocked horizontal rectangle with a -o- on it - that is (or indicates) the chip.  

Ann