Penelope Greenfield
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am booked on this trip, is anyone else going?
ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this trip 3 years ago and had an excellent time.

Keith

AbbaDave
(Member)
did this trip in 2014 with TS is fantastic

have a great time Dave

Penelope Greenfield
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ksf1' wrote:

I did this trip 3 years ago and had an excellent time.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your feedback. Have you any tips you would pass on? Did you go in June? I think the altitude is perhaps a concern.

Thanks,

Penelope

Penelope Greenfield
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

have a great time Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. Did you do the Amazon add on?

Penelope

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Penelope,

I haven't done this tour yet but it's definitely on my wish list!  If you are concerned about altitude sickness, talk to your doctor about Diamox which can be prescribed to prevent and alleviate the symptoms.  I know a lot of people who have done this tour and they have loved it - only a small number get altitude sickness and I do know that oxygen masks are readily available, as is medical assistance if needed.

Best wishes,

Bob

AbbaDave
(Member)
'Penelope Greenfield' wrote:

'AbbaDave' wrote:

have a great time Dave

Hi Dave,

Hi Penelope

went in November 2014 with Travelsphere, found the altitude ok though some people suffered and they were well look after by the TM and medical centres etc, just drink the cocoa tea as its available pretty much everywhere it helped, yes did the amazon its a real treat though very humid you'll find it so much different but you'll get used to it,  Dave

Penelope

Penelope Greenfield
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Penelope,

I haven't done this tour yet but it's definitely on my wish list!  If you are concerned about altitude sickness, talk to your doctor about Diamox which can be prescribed to prevent and alleviate the symptoms.  I know a lot of people who have done this tour and they have loved it - only a small number get altitude sickness and I do know that oxygen masks are readily available, as is medical assistance if needed.

Best wishes,

Bob

Thank you Bob, that is very helpful 🙂

Penelope Greenfield
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

'Penelope Greenfield' wrote:

'AbbaDave' wrote:

have a great time Dave

Hi Dave,

Hi Penelope

went in November 2014 with Travelsphere, found the altitude ok though some people suffered and they were well look after by the TM and medical centres etc, just drink the cocoa tea as its available pretty much everywhere it helped, yes did the amazon its a real treat though very humid you'll find it so much different but you'll get used to it,  Dave

Penelope

Hi Dave,

Thank you 🙂