ArchieKA
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,

I have never been to Cuba before and would appreciate any tips previous travellers could give me.

Not sure how much Stirling I should take as no idea of prices in Cuba, so an indication would help. I know I will need a high factor sun cream and a good insect repellant too. Imodium and the like I have been told is a must along with a small first aid kit, and an anti-bacterial hand wash.

I have been reading in a review in the Telegraph that the hotels listed cannot always be guaranteed which having read a review on the site too is a bit of a concern, but cannot do much about that as we will all be in the same boat so to speak.

The fact the Americans plan to run 100 (yes, no joke) flights a day into Cuba in the near future I am glad I am going now as they are struggling to deal with the European influx at the moment.

Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

It will help calm any nerves I have.

Many thanks,

Keith

SarahS
(Member)
I was in Cuba last year, although not with JY.  I changed  £200 on arrival, and that was more than enough for spending, although I did five days of the fourteen on all inclusive. All of the hotels I stayed in had money change facilities. Drinks prices outside of the hotels seemed to be roughly the same as the UK.  Coke, sprite and similar were available, but not the diet versions. Cuba Is a beautiful country,  and people are remarkably  resilient despite all the deprivations they suffer. As has been said elsewhere, if you don't use the hotel toiletries, the locals are very grateful for them. Our tour visited a school and the children were so delighted when we gave them toiletries and pens. I agree the arival of American  tourists will soon change the island, but the economy  desparately needs the hard currency  they will bring.
sallyc
(Member)
Keith

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-82128.html . If you put 'cuba' in the search box you will find other reviews which I found very helpful. Have a great trip.

Sally

ArchieKA
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sallyc' wrote:

Keith

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-82128.html .  If you put 'cuba' in the search box you will find other reviews which I found very helpful.  Have a great trip.

Sally

Thank you Sally, that was a great help. I have an idea of what money to take, and I want to do the two optional excursions also but I am sure they will not be that expensive. I have been asked to bring back cigars too. Looking forward to my trip now. Many thanks, Keith

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Keith

I'm on this trip too - am looking forward to it

Anna

ArchieKA
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Thank you to everyone for your help and replies, the trip was fantastic and the company brilliant.

Really enjoyed it.

Keith