sylvieann
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I’m thinking of trying one of the Lake holidays in Italy this summer, and was wondering if anyone can recommend Lake Garda or Lake Como. I love Italy but I have never been to the lakes so I would be interested in some of your thoughts. Thinking of going in June but would the weather be better in May? This will only be my second holiday with JY and I was very nervous the first time I went but I had a great holiday at Italy’s Cilento Coast after words of encouragement from Just You.

Sylvia

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Sylvia

Have only been to Lake Garda but not with JY. I visited in September and the weather was warm and sunny. I stayed in Malcesine which was lovely as were the other small towns dotted around the lake. I loved Verona and would recommend a trip to Venice too.

Suggest you visit the review section and use search box to find any reviews of the JY holiday.

Hope this is helpful

Lesley

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sylvia

I have not done either of these tours but have heard very good reports from people when I Have been on other tours..as Lesley says look at the reviews, and read what the itinerary is for both tours and see if one appeals to you more than the other..good luck

Cindy

gill54
(Member)
'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi, I’m thinking of trying one of the Lake holidays in Italy this summer, and was wondering if anyone can recommend Lake Garda or Lake Como. I love Italy but I have never been to the lakes so I would be interested in some of your thoughts. Thinking of going in June but would the weather be better in May? This will only be my second holiday with JY and I was very nervous the first time I went but I had a great holiday at Italy’s Cilento Coast after words of encouragement from Just You.

Sylvia

Lesley

I can only speak for Lake Como. I went last July to como and it was superb. Good hotel good food lovely staff, rooms were facing the lake we all had lake views. Excursions were lovely. Would I go again you bet I would.

Regards

Gill

sylvieann
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone

Thank you for your advice. Still not sure what one to book, but hoping to do it soon.

Sylvie

Venetian
(Member)
'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi everyone

Thank you for your advice. Still not sure what one to book, but hoping to do it soon.

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie, I have visited these lakes. They are both superb but if pushed I would recommend Lake Garda because you can visit so many of the towns situated all around the lake. Being Italians these towns are always in competition to be the best town on the lake so it's great fun to compare. Lake Como is beautiful too, if you want a more relaxed holiday this might be better for you. Sorry I can't be more definitive, but it's like comparing apples and oranges, both are so good;)

sylvieann
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Venetian' wrote:

'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi everyone

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie, I have visited these lakes. They are both superb but if pushed I would recommend Lake Garda because you can visit so many of the towns situated all around the lake. Being Italians these towns are always in competition to be the best town on the lake so it's great fun to compare. Lake Como is beautiful too, if you want a more relaxed holiday this might be better for you. Sorry I can't be more definitive, but it's like comparing apples and oranges, both are so good;)

:thumbup:Thank you Venetian for your advice it was most helpful. I looked at reviews of Lake Garda and Lake Como and there were a lot of good reviews for Lake Como, so I have almost decided to go for the Lake Como holiday. There were only a few reviews for Lake Garda (which was disappointing) and there were concerns for the food. My first holiday with JY was brilliant but there was nowhere to walk to in the evening so it is interesting what you are saying about Lake Garda and you have make me rethink on my choice. What was the hotel like on Lake Garda when you went?

Sylvie

Venetian
(Member)
'sylvieann' wrote:

'Venetian' wrote:

'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi everyone

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie, I have visited these lakes.  They are both superb but if pushed I would recommend Lake Garda because you can visit so many of the towns situated all around the lake.   Being Italians these towns are always in competition to be the best town on the lake so it's great fun to compare.  Lake Como is beautiful too, if you want a more relaxed holiday this might be better for you.  Sorry I can't be more definitive, but it's like comparing apples and oranges, both are so good;)

:thumbup:Thank you Venetian for your advice it was most helpful. I looked at reviews of Lake Garda and Lake Como and there were a lot of good reviews for Lake Como, so I have almost decided to go for the Lake Como holiday. There were only a few reviews for Lake Garda (which was disappointing) and there were concerns for the food. My first holiday with JY was brilliant but there was nowhere to walk to in the evening so it is interesting what you are saying about Lake Garda and you have make me rethink on my choice. What was the hotel like on Lake Garda when you went?

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie

The holiday I spent at Lake Garda was not with JY but I stayed at Peschiera which was very nice, not at the lakeside but a shuttle bus ran backwards and forwards all day to the town (journey about 10 minutes).  The hotel which JY are using is at the lakeside.  The best thing about my holiday was that I had a lot of free time and was able to take the ferry to the towns of my choice, the JY itinerary seems pretty fixed and I didn't recognise the names of any of the towns on the JY tour, which is not to say they are not beautiful. Perhaps make the trip to Lake Como on this occasion and for future reference do try Lake Garda but leave yourself with plenty of free time to pick and choose where you visit.  I hope this is helpful.  Whatever you decide, enjoy 😉