NormE
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Have just booked this holiday. Would be good to hear from anyone else who has already booked or is thinking about booking.

I have been looking at this trip for 2 years and am really looking forward to it now.

Norma

jane turner
(Member)
Hi

I have also booked Canada & rocky Mountaineer 7th June.I will be travelling from Yorkshire the day before along with a friend who i met on another holiday several years ago,she will be travelling from Lancashire.We are staying at the premier Inn on Bath road.

Excited and nervous!

Jane

NormE
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jane

Good to hear from you. That makes at least 3 of us so far! I will be travelling down from Coventry but haven't made any arrangements yet. The flight is a sociable time though. I don't think I have read a negative review about this trip so lets hope this continues in 2016. Look forward to meeting you.

Norma

Sandgh
(Member)
Hi. First time on a Just You holiday and really looking forward to the trip to Canada. Anyone upgrading to Gold service on the two day train ride? Gail
Lucinda
(Member)
I went last year, had an amazing time. Any questions I can try n answer!

Lucinda

Julie L
(Member)
'Lucinda' wrote:

Lucinda

To lucinda, is it worth upgrading to gold service on the train journey?x

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie

Funnily enough we've recently been discussing the pros and cons of the Gold Leaf upgrade on a couple of other forum threads recently. If you type 'Rocky Mountaineer' into the search box up above, you'll find comments and opinions from several of us who have previously done the two day trip.

I'm firmly in the Go for Gold camp! Happy to answer any other questions you may have - I've done several JY trips now and this is still my favourite, you'll have an amazing time.

All the best

Mandy

Hazel D
(Member)
Hi, this is my first time on a Just You holiday and the first time on my own!! Nervous but excited. I too have been looking at this holiday for a couple of years and have decided to take the plunge, as its somewhere I really want to visit and the time is now right for me to go.  

I have booked in at the Premier Inn Bath Road for the night before, so would like to say hello to any fellow travellers if you would like to meet up?

jane turner
(Member)
'Hazel D' wrote:

Hi, this is my first time on a Just You holiday and the first time on my own!! Nervous but excited. I too have been looking at this holiday for a couple of years and have decided to take the plunge, as its somewhere I really want to visit and the time is now right for me to go.  

I have booked in at the Premier Inn Bath Road for the night before, so would like to say hello to any fellow travellers if you would like to meet up?

Hi Hazel,

A friend and I are also going on this trip and staying at the Premier Inn the night before.It would be good to meet up as neither of us have been from heathrow before and feel quite nervous about it!I dont know the best way to arrange to meet so if you have any ideas let me know.

Hazel D
(Member)
'jane turner' wrote:

'Hazel D' wrote:

Hi Hazel,

A friend and I are also going on this trip and staying at the Premier Inn the night before.It would be good to meet up as neither of us have been from heathrow before and feel quite nervous about it!I dont know the best way to arrange to meet so if you have any ideas let me know.

Hi Jane, how lovely to hear back from you. 

Would be good to meet up and I'm sure it will be easy enough for us to do so.  Think I'll be getting to the Premier Inn by 5.00pm. Perhaps meet around the coffee/ bar areas around 6.00ish?!?! What do you think.

Lucinda
(Member)
'Julie L' wrote:

'.Lucinda' wrote:

Lucinda

To lucinda, is it worth upgrading to gold service on the train journey?x

Hi Julie, 

Sorry for the late reply, there wasn't an option to upgrade when I did the train, what we had though was fantastic and the observation car was fab. Hope you enjoy the trip 

Lucinda

jane turner
(Member)
hi Hazel,

not long to go now just having trouble deciding which clothes to take,layers will be best I think.We can meet as you suggested on monday evening in the coffee area.Looking forward to meeting everyone and having an amazing holiday.

Jane

Hazel D
(Member)
Hi Jane

I know, its not long now and I too am having trouble deciding what to take, but I agree layers will be best. Excited and nervous, just be glad when Monday is here and can't think about or do anymore preparation.

Look forward to meeting you on Monday, think there is a Costa coffee so we can meet there around 6.00ish.

Hazel