amy2003
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi has anyone done the Northen Cyprus holiday at New Year do I need a party dress for the evening it doesn't seem like there is dancing on the itinerary it just says evening entertainment I don't want to look out of place in my party frock.

And are the excursions good they sound historical.

Any information on this holiday would be appreciated.

Thanks Joan

daveJB
(Member)
Hello Joan,

I did this last year, the New Years eve dinner was the only time we really "dressed up" so your party frock should be fine as no one went over the top with evening gowns and there was dancing and a live band, even the waiters joined in, then after the meal some of us went to the harbour and watched the fireworks at midnight.

As far as I can remember there was a quiz night in the bar.

Some of the excursions are historical but interesting and there is shopping in Famagusta and Nicosia.

Dave.

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'amy2003' wrote:

Hi has anyone done the Northen Cyprus holiday at New Year do I need a party dress for the evening it doesn't seem like there is dancing on the itinerary it just says evening entertainment I don't want to look out of place in my party frock.

Thanks Joan

Hi Joan,

Hope you have a great time and don't experience any of the "Grumpy" group that we had on a certain holiday - just the "Happy" Group! I'm off to Lake Garda and Austria with Travelsphere for Xmas and New Year - my first time with Travelsphere, so should be interesting - I think there are about 5 of us singles.

Cheers,

Hils

amy2003
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'daveJB' wrote:

Hello Joan,

I did this last year, the New Years eve dinner was the only time we really "dressed up" so your party frock should be fine as no one went over the top with evening gowns and there was dancing and a live band, even the waiters joined in, then after the meal some of us went to the harbour and watched the fireworks at midnight.

Some of the excursions are historical but interesting and there is shopping in Famagusta and Nicosia.

Dave.

Thanks Dave you have been a big help to me with this trip you replied to my first post as well it sounds a nice holiday but Idont think many people are booked on it no one that is going has got back to me.I have booked into the Premier Inn Terminal 5 at Heathrow night befor I fly and the night of return.

Thanks again Joan.

amy2003
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hils' wrote:

'amy2003' wrote:

Thanks Joan

Hi Joan,

Hope you have a great time and don't experience any of the "Grumpy" group that we had on a certain holiday - just the "Happy" Group! I'm off to Lake Garda and Austria with Travelsphere for Xmas and New Year - my first time with Travelsphere, so should be interesting - I think there are about 5 of us singles.

Cheers,

Hils

Hi Hils

Thanks for your reply I am sure I will have a nice time you enjoy Lake Garda and Austria.

Lets hope all the grumps stay at home at home I wouldn't mind for our paths to cross

on some trip or other.

Enjoy

Joan

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
'amy2003' wrote:

'daveJB' wrote:

Hello Joan,

Dave.

Thanks Dave you have been a big help to me with this trip you replied to my first post as well it sounds a nice holiday but Idont think many people are booked on it no one that is going has got back to me.I have booked into the Premier Inn Terminal 5 at Heathrow night befor I fly and the night of return.

Thanks again Joan.

The fact that no-one who is also going on this holiday has responded to your first post doesn't mean a thing, Joan. A lot of people on JY holidays still don't use the Forum and some of those who do don't let on in advance where they are going. Perhaps if Julia or Monty spots this she would be able to give you an update on numbers.

Ann

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joan,

For the New Year in Northern Cyprus tour, there are currently 11 people booked on this date. As Ann has touched on, sadly not all of our travellers use the Just You community so please don't be disheartened that your fellow travellers have not yet been in touch.

Kindest regards,

Julia

amy2003
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you all for your replys.Just looking forward to my holiday now its a shame more people dont use The Forum.