inyabass
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just booked this. My first long-haul trip since I went to Mexico City on business about 15 years ago. Does anyone know anything about the area? Am also looking into vaccinations etc and if anyone knows about this then shout up.. Mark.
lesley07
(Member)
Hi

I did the Kerala trip in September. It is a lovely area and very different from the north which I visited in 2012. I particularly enjoyed time spent on the houseboat and visiting villages where tourism US being developed.

There is a very detailed review of this trip in the review section of the forum which will give you an idea of what to expect.

I would recommend that you speak to your GP or Practice Nurse about recommended vaccinations.

Hope this is helpful

Lesley

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I am going on this holiday next Thursday and will post a review on my return.

Jaya

inyabass
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks guys.. For me this is a totally different trip to somewhere very very different so any advice is welcome. I also have a thing for food and it looks like I'm going to the right part of the world to experience fantastic cuisine with all the local spices and so on.. Can't wait..
lesley07
(Member)
Hi

Yes food was very good in all the hotels. The buffet style meals mean you can try a,wide range of food.

Enjoy your holiday

Lesley

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

Keralan Cuisine is really good. I am really looking forward to the trip though sincerely hope the rain would have stopped. It is not the rainy season but heavy rain is falling in parts of South India. Hopefully the forecast for the next few days will be dry and sunny - not bothered about the sun as long as it stays dry. Will be packing either tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. Very excited.

Jaya

MrsT15
(Member)
You will all enjoy this trip to Kerala, the tour was great but be prepared for some long journeys on the coach plenty of comfort stops though and the scenery and sights through villages on the journey is all worth it. I know the standard of accommodation is very much personal taste but for me the more authentic and traditional the better. Food was excellent. Highlight was the stay on the houseboat. If you get a good tour manager and local guide (ours was excellent) I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Jaya I shall look forward to meeting you and others who are booked on the Borneo + add on trip in May next year.

Have a good trip.

Sally