Julie_WB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just a quick question.

Looking at the website for Heathrow Airport, it says to print your boarding pass and suitcase tags at a self service machine, in which you can select your seat.

Does this apply to Just You passengers or do we have to wait for guidance from the JY Rep.

Thanks

Julie

(Member)
Hi Julie,

You will be expected to do this yourself, although the Just You rep will be around to help you if needs be.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Julie_WB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your reply. 🙂
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie, I've done this several times now and it's relatively straight forward. There will probably be airline reps available too, to give you a helping hand. Depending on the airline, some issue just the boarding pass and some issue the luggage tags as well - if you get the tags, the person at the bag drop will put them on your luggage for you so you don't need to worry about doing it right!

All the best,

Bob

Julie_WB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Bob.

It's been nearly 20 years since I've used an airport, so I'm well out of date on what the process is now-a-days.

Much appreciated

Julie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie,

You are very welcome! Just make sure you have all your holiday documents to hand including your flight codes and passport and you should be fine. You might even be able to change your seat if you don't like the one you've been allocated and don't forget to click on the "check in baggage" box to make sure your luggage will be able to be checked in and left off at the "bad drop" desks.

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly!

Cheers,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
You will be fine. Heathrow terminals have been made a lot more user friendIy. If you do have any problems, look out for a information point, or staff wearing purple uniforms who are there to help passengers. Bonus yoyage!!
sallyc
(Member)
Julie

Go to the 'Share your travel tips' section and the first thread is one I did a while back called 'At the airport' which should hopefully ease your concerns about what to do at the airport. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Sally