CaraRoy
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked to go to Iceland for New Year departing on Tuesday 29 December 2015. I have booked the optional excursions, but I have noticed that we have a full day free in Reykjavik on Saturday 2 January. I have been looking up about day trips and I am very interested in going snorkelling in Silfra - if anyone has been watching Alexander Armstrong on ITV he has been travelling to the Land of the Midnight Sun and last week he visited Iceland. He also went snorkeling in Silfra.

There are several companies who run these day trips and I have found a company that not only runs the snorkeling trip but they also have included a trip to a lava cave - the trip is called Black and Blue - when you get to the Pingvellir National Park the trip to the underground lava caves takes about 1.5 hours and then you go snorkeling for about 45 minutes.

If anybody is interested the company I have found is called Arctic Adventures - as Iceland is very expensive they are the most reasonably priced at about £127 for the day trip. The minimum number of people for the trip is 2 and maximum is 14.

If anyone is interested I suggest to go to their website. It seems such an awesome trip to go snorkeling in Silfra - a once in a lifetime trip.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi CaraRoy

That sounds amazing but if the weather is against you and you are staying at the Hotel Reykjavik then I can recommend the spa if it is your thing.

I had an amazing holiday last March with JY in Iceland and I hope you have a great time.

DavidG
(Member)
I went on this year and had a great time - the New Year fireworks were better than any of us had ever seen.

Regarding snorkeling, it will be extremely cold - minus 15 one day so I would think sea much too cold!

Have a great time.