Pauline71
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone,

I have just booked on the Amazing Australia tour for March 2016. Is there anybody joining me?

I will be doing the tour but not returning straightaway as I am going to visit relatives in Sydney who I haven't seen for 40 years!

Having just read Deb's review of the tour I am very excited!

Pauline

Lynnew57
(Member)
Hi Pauline

I am booked on the Australia trip for March 2016 too.

Like you I am not returning straightaway, I am off to see friends on a sheep farm near Canberra and then on to Sydney before returning home.

Cannot believe it is only a few months away.

Lynne

'Pauline71' wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have just booked on the Amazing Australia tour for March 2016. Is there anybody joining me?

I will be doing the tour but not returning straightaway as I am going to visit relatives in Sydney who I haven't seen for 40 years!

Pauline

PaulineD
(Member)
'Pauline71' wrote:

Hello everyone,

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

How strange, I was thinking about emailing you as I have just booked next years holiday and wondered where you going until I remembered you said it would probably be Australia. I have booked Japan for May. I was going to Cuba but then I saw Japan and, knowing what a great time we had in China, thought I would give that one a go instead.

I hope you are and the family aer all keeping well.

Enjoy Australia.

luvpxx

kpdl
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline & Lynne

I'm also booked on the March Australia trip.... I'm doing the New Zealand add on.

I've just read the review, it sounds amazing. .... I can't wait.

This will be my second JU trip , I went on the Classic California trip earlier this year and had a fantastic time.

Looking forward to meeting you both

Karen

:thumbup::thumbup:

Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline, Lynne and Karen

I booked on the March trip to Australia a couple of weeks ago. I'm just doing the main holiday and can't wait. This will also be my second JU holiday...I went to California and Las Vegas with JU ten years ago!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Gran
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lynnew57' wrote:

Hi Pauline

Like you I am not returning straightaway, I am off to see friends on a sheep farm near Canberra and then on to Sydney before returning home.

Lynne

'Pauline71' wrote:

Hello everyone,

Pauline

I went on this tour in March. It is truly an amazing country. From the moment you get up in the morning till you go to bed, every hour is accounted for. Very hectic tour with miles and miles of walking, you will need to be really fit to enjoy every bit of the tour.

There is a chance to see the sunrise over Uluru, and for this, you will need to be up at 6 to go there. By this time, all of us very tired, some of us had a lie in but most of us got up early. I would highly recommend seeing the sunrise. Please, do not miss it, you will remember it for the rest of your life, I kid you not! Keep the camera ready, the colours will change so quickly that you will be amazed. We saw a rainbow appeared out of nowhere. Unfortunately, the whole thing finishes as quickly as it starts. Oh, and do buy bottles of water before you go to Ayer's Rock. It will be so hot, you will be gasping for water. If you can buy a beekeeper type of hat, it will come in handy. I used to take cut up pieces of melon, watermelon etc (from brkfst) in a plastic box to eat when I felt hot and that helped me feel refreshed.

Do buy a pair of Uggs boots there, they cost less than half the price. You will be wheeling your suitcase at each airport, so make sure, you carry a suitcase that is easy enough to wheel. You won't need more than 10-12 outfits, better to have mix and match. A couple of hotels have balconies, you could wash and dry few clothes.

Enjoy this amazing tour. I am going to China during the Christmas/NY period.

Dyuti

Pauline71
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Dyuti, it sounds as if we are all going to have a brilliant time. I am sure you will enjoy China too, that was my first Just You holiday and was just as hectic.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone, it won't be so long as we have to make our final payment in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Pauline

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have seen sunrise and sunset and Ayres Rock it's amazing, and I also did a helicopter flight over Ayres Rock and the olgas well worth the money...I also did a hot air ballon flight while in Cairns....

Cindy

Lynnew57
(Member)
Hi Dyuti

Thank you for the info.

Have a fantastic time in China, I went in 2006 with JY and loved it.

Lynne

'Gran' wrote:

'Lynnew57' wrote:

Hi Pauline

Lynne

'Pauline71' wrote:

Hello everyone,

Pauline

I went on this tour in March. It is truly an amazing country. From the moment you get up in the morning till you go to bed, every hour is accounted for. Very hectic tour with miles and miles of walking, you will need to be really fit to enjoy every bit of the tour.

There is a chance to see the sunrise over Uluru, and for this, you will need to be up at 6 to go there. By this time, all of us very tired, some of us had a lie in but most of us got up early. I would highly recommend seeing the sunrise. Please, do not miss it, you will remember it for the rest of your life, I kid you not! Keep the camera ready, the colours will change so quickly that you will be amazed. We saw a rainbow appeared out of nowhere. Unfortunately, the whole thing finishes as quickly as it starts. Oh, and do buy bottles of water before you go to Ayer's Rock. It will be so hot, you will be gasping for water. If you can buy a beekeeper type of hat, it will come in handy. I used to take cut up pieces of melon, watermelon etc (from brkfst) in a plastic box to eat when I felt hot and that helped me feel refreshed.

Do buy a pair of Uggs boots there, they cost less than half the price. You will be wheeling your suitcase at each airport, so make sure, you carry a suitcase that is easy enough to wheel. You won't need more than 10-12 outfits, better to have mix and match. A couple of hotels have balconies, you could wash and dry few clothes.

Enjoy this amazing tour. I am going to China during the Christmas/NY period.

Dyuti

Lynnew57
(Member)
Hi Karen

I look forward to meeting you.

Not long now.

Lynne

'kpdl' wrote:

Hi Pauline & Lynne

I'm also booked on the March Australia trip.... I'm doing the New Zealand add on.

I've just read the review, it sounds amazing. .... I can't wait.

This will be my second JU trip , I went on the Classic California trip earlier this year and had a fantastic time.

Looking forward to meeting you both

Karen

:thumbup::thumbup:

Lynnew57
(Member)
Hi Derek

I look forward to meeting you too.

Lynne

'Derek' wrote:

Hi Pauline, Lynne and Karen

I booked on the March trip to Australia a couple of weeks ago. I'm just doing the main holiday and can't wait. This will also be my second JU holiday...I went to California and Las Vegas with JU ten years ago!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
Could you tell me how many have booked on the main tour to Australia in March 2016, and the gender split please?
(Member)
Hi Derek,

There are 22 people booked to travel on the main tour, of these 17 are female and the other 5 are male. Five of these travellers are also doing the New Zealand add-on.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Pauline71
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty,

Can you please tell us how many people are flying directly to Perth on 2nd March?

Thanks

Pauline

(Member)
Hi Pauline,

We do not fly directly to Perth on this date as we stop off in Dubai for a couple of hours. However, there are 17 people booked on this flight.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Pauline71
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Pauline,

We do not fly directly to Perth on this date as we stop off in Dubai for a couple of hours. However, there are 17 people booked on this flight.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Thanks Monty, that's what I meant.

Pauline

Slimpen
(Member)
Have just booked for Amazing Australia in March - just the main holiday. Would welcome some advice about how many dollars to take and whether to take mainly cash or rely on credit cards? Any advice would be helpful - I'm panicking a bit about this!