mobo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. I am going on this trip and I wondered if anyone going had booked any of the optional excursions. Would like any advice on what clothes to take.

Many thanks Maureen.

Pauline71
(Member)
'mobo' wrote:

Hi. I am going on this trip and I wondered if anyone going had booked any of the optional excursions. Would like any advice on what clothes to take.

Many thanks Maureen.

Hello Maureen,

I'm on this trip too, and have just booked all the excursions! I know it is a lot of money but I thought I will never be going there again and there's not much point in going all that way and not seeing and doing as much as I can while I am there.

I too will welcome advice on clothing, not sure what too take, hoping it is still going to be warm.

I will be travelling down from Yorkshire that morning to Heathrow and should be there about 3.30 ish. Look forward to seeing you there.

Pauline

AbbaDave
(Member)
hi

we went in November 2013, i would take a mixture of clothing, a rain coat and a fleece/cardigan plus some light clothing as i'm sure march will be similar to when we went only you'll be just going out of summer and we were going just into, of the optionals i booked all except Daintree and the melbourne ones as needed some chilling out time, highly recommended would be the Kuranda excursion, the blue montains from Sydney and Freemantle in Perth was really good as was the sydney harbour cruise, i also did the balloon ride over the olgas

wish i was going again

Dave

Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maureen and Pauline

I'm also booked on the holiday and, so far, have booked 7 optional excursions. I might wait until we arrive in Australia before booking others.

I'm also travelling to Heathrow that morning. I'm on the 11:28 train from Darlington. Is this your train too Pauline? I was planning to get a taxi from Kings Cross to Paddington for the Heathrow Express.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Derek

mobo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Derek' wrote:

Hi Maureen and Pauline

I'm also booked on the holiday and, so far, have booked 7 optional excursions. I might wait until we arrive in Australia before booking others.

I'm also travelling to Heathrow that morning. I'm on the 11:28 train from Darlington. Is this your train too Pauline? I was planning to get a taxi from Kings Cross to Paddington for the Heathrow Express.

Derek

Hi Derek.

I am travelling down from Leicester, driving down. I am going to book some excursions next week when I have had time to scrutinise them.

Maureen

Pauline71
(Member)
'Derek' wrote:

Hi Maureen and Pauline

Derek

Hi Derek,

I will be travelling from Halifax and will arrive at Kings Cross at about 1.45. and then will be crossing over the road to St. Pancras and getting the underground to Heathrow. I did this last year and although it takes a little bit longer it is far cheaper than the Heathrow Express. Having negotiated the underground several times now from Kings Cross I am being to feel a bit more confident doing this now and there is plenty of time to get to Heathrow too before we check in.

If you feel like doing this and want to meet at Kings Cross I would be happy to meet up with you there.

Best wishes, Pauline

Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Pauline71' wrote:

'Derek' wrote:

Hi Maureen and Pauline

Derek

Hi Derek,

I will be travelling from Halifax and will arrive at Kings Cross at about 1.45. and then will be crossing over the road to St. Pancras and getting the underground to Heathrow. I did this last year and although it takes a little bit longer it is far cheaper than the Heathrow Express. Having negotiated the underground several times now from Kings Cross I am being to feel a bit more confident doing this now and there is plenty of time to get to Heathrow too before we check in.

If you feel like doing this and want to meet at Kings Cross I would be happy to meet up with you there.

Best wishes, Pauline

Hi Pauline. I've already booked the Heathrow Express so I'll see you at the airport.

Best wishes, Derek

nige0556
(Member)
although I didn't do a JY tour, you'll need warmish clothes if you do the penguin parade and, on a slightly different note, if the "olgas" trip at Ayers Rock includes the walpa gorge, it's very uneven and sturdy flat shoes would be my recommendation - we had to abort because my ex had very poor vision and she would undoubtedly have fallen over on the large cobbles
kpdl
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone,

I'm on the March trip to Australia as well, and I'm doing the New Zealand add on. Anyone else doing that?

As yet I haven't booked any excursions but will probably book them all as it's unlikely I'll be making this trip again.. hence the add on!!

Anyone fancy doing the Sidney Harbour Bridge Walk?! I'm tempted but going to wait until I've seen it first and hopefully will be able to still book a place.

I'm travelling down on the 11.47 from Liverpool into Euston at 2.00. I'm just getting the underground from there to Heathrow.

It looks like there's going to be a few of us arriving at about the same

time. We'll have to look out for each other.

It's not long now...... I'm getting excited!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Karen:thumbup: