Debbee
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi my name is Deb. I am 50 and I have always wanted to travel to China. I don't have a partner or a friend who can afford the trip so I am currently researching solo holidays. I have been to Spain on my own many years ago but I'm quite nervous about making such a long haul trip. I'm sure once I do it once then I'll be away, its just taking the initial plunge I suppose. Can anyone recommend what time of year is best for China? What was your first solo trip like?
wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi debbee ive never been to china but for my first holidays solo I went to france/belguim for weekend and was very looked after! we are all in the same boat! take the plunge and book you wont look back!

Ann

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Debs

China was my first tour with JY in 2010. I had taken early retirement the previous year and had drawn up a bucket list of places I wanted to visit now that I had the time and money to do so!!!. I took about six months to pluck up the courage to book and almost turned back from my local airport. So glad I didn't as this was a great trip and I have since ticked off another four places on my list. My next trip is to Kerala in two weeks time.

My advice is go for it as life is too short to have regrets.

Lesley

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Debs

I started using JY in 2006 my first tour was USA I have not been to China but I have now done 11 tours and seen so much of the world with JY and have met some great people along the way, so book it and have fun! Any questions just ask.

Cindy

Mick W
(Member)
Hi Deb,

I've not yet done China but its high on my list and is on my christmas possibilities for this year.

On my numerous JY hols i've spoken to many that have done China and all the feedback has been positive.

My first JY hol was Americas Golden West, was nervous a little but absolutely loved it and met some great people. Booked my 2nd holiday on my return.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
Hi Debs.

My first trip with JY was to Cilento Coast in 2010. I had done some independent travel before that. It was a really nice experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Enjoy China if you decide to go!!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debbee

I would say Just Go For it. Life is too short. You will have a wonderful time and travelling with Just You is a great experience. My first trip with Just You was to Jordan in September 2009 and since then I have been on 8 more trips, am going to one next Friday (just a short trip to Lille) and have booked for Kerala in November this year. I have also booked two long haul trip for next year. I have enjoyed each and every holiday to date and am looking forward to many more with Just You.

Jaya

Alison O
(Member)
My first trip was the Classic Cities of Italy. I actually felt a bit sick as the plane came in to land in Italy as i didn't know what to expect but fast forward a week later, i was having such a great time that i didn't want to come home. I've already booked another trip.

Just book it, you'll have a brilliant time.

Alison x

Debbee
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks everyone! I might book a short trip somewhere first before I go for the long haul just to test the water! Its good to hear such great feedback though.