sookie222
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, just been through a bit of a wild goose chase which I thought I would post to help others, as JY may not be aware of the change (at least there was no mention of it in my final documentation).

Some time ago I booked, via JY, to stay at the Comfort Hotel at Heathrow this weekend, prior to a JY holiday. I had stayed there before so I chose it again for familiarity.

A few days ago, when I checked the Heathrow Hoppa bus timetable for departure times to the hotel I was disappointed to find the Comfort Hotel was no longer listed on the Hoppa bus schedule. I then checked the Comfort Hotel website and saw that they were apparently providing their own airport hotel/shuttle service. I sent a couple of e-form requests to the hotel for info. about the shuttle service but got no response (no hotel phone number was provided on the website). I eventually, yesterday, gave up trying to find the airport times/bus stop for their shuttle on the net and decided I would take a taxi rather than waste more time investigating as I was running out of time.

I then found a Comfort hotel tel. no. via google. The lady answered the phone with 'Good Afternoon, the Heathrow Mercure hotel'. Puzzle solved, the Comfort Hotel had been taken over, the Mercure is on the Hoppa bus schedule. So, anyone booked at the Comfort Hotel ignore that website (it is still there with no indication of a take-over), the Mercure Hotel has it's own new website now!

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks Sookie. It's very confusing when a previous website is not taken down.

I'm off down to Heathrow in a week or so for an overnight pre Croatia Istrian Coast trip, and normally I stay overnight at the Holiday Inn on Bath Road, but sadly that has been re-branded as the Leonardo. I was shocked as I had got no notification as I am on their preferred rates. Even more shocked that when I looked it was not even on the Hotel Hoppa Service, although iI believe that has now happened.

I am now stopping at the big Premier Inn on Bath Road. :thumbup:

SarahS
(Member)
Thanks for that. I have only used the Sofitel at terminal 5. Very expensive but just a short walk into the terminal. I have never used the hoppa bus. Does it stop at all the terminals, and how far is the walk into the terminals from the bus stops?
Bosuncat
(Member)
Never used the Hoppa before either. I have always used taxis as normally before when I have been using Heathrow it was Terminal 4 to fly to the States.

I flew from Terminal 5 last year when we went to Slovenia but Mick was on that trip and is totally clued up, so we used the free bus service.

I am pretty sure that there are other folks on here who have used the Hoppa and will be able to help you out.

Kezzer46
(Member)
[attachment=379]

Not sure if this will work - but I've tried to attached the Hoppa to hotels timetable for Heathrow - its very useful and also shows where you go to catch the bus.

Kezzer

Mick W
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Thanks for that. I have only used the Sofitel at terminal 5. Very expensive but just a short walk into the terminal. I have never used the hoppa bus. Does it stop at all the terminals, and how far is the walk into the terminals from the bus stops?

Sarah,

Think the Sofitel is the only one walkable to terminal 5 so understand why people choose it but as you say very expensive.

Different Hoppa buses go to each terminal but call at the vast majority of hotels. Each bus will cover 5 or 6 hotels i believe and cost £4-50 each way.

As Bosuncat says I tend to book hotels within the freeflow zone where service buses are free. They are actually more regular than the hoppas and quicker as don't drive into each hotel car park. On the downside you do have to walk to the bus stop but if booking hotels along Bath road they are often right outside the hotel.

At terminal 5 all the buses park in front of the terminal so virtually no walk at all to get in the terminal, for terms 1,2 & 3 its at the central bus station for the service buses (5 min walk) but believe the hoppas drop you nearer.

Mick

(Member)
Hi Kezzer,

Sorry we do not currently have the capability to share attachments on the community, it is something on our to-do list. Maybe you could share the web link from which you accessed the timetable instead?

Kindest Regards,

Monty

(Member)
Hi Kezzer,

That link is not working for me, but I have found the following link which has the option to download the PDF for the Hoppa:

http://www.nationalexpress.com/airports/heathrow-hotel-hoppa.aspx 

I hope this works for everyone.

Kindest regards,

Monty