BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
No doubt the staff at Just You are well used to dealing with some ridiculous complaints at times about holidays, but these take the biscuit...!!!

THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:

1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

2. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Hope these gave you a laugh!

Cheers,

Bob

valley
(Member)
My first trip with JY was to Austria and I still giggle now when I think of one of the men on our tour, he said one night at dinner,"well this is the limit, garlic mushrooms, I specifically stated , No mushrooms and a Sea view" he couldn't understand why we all rolled about laughing
sjm533
(Member)
Hi Bob,

Absolutely great! Reminds me of an elderly neighbour, years ago who came home from a holiday in what was then Yugoslavia, and complained they couldn't make a decent cup of tea.

All of us have probably got stories like that.

Sylvia

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Bob,

Some of these are priceless... and really made me laugh out loud... Thanks for sharing.

Kerry

DavidG
(Member)
Brilliant, many thanks Bob, made my day!
lesley07
(Member)
Hi Bob

They sure did!

Lesley

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob

Loved 2, 12, and 19 really did make me laugh out loud!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Cindy

sallyc
(Member)
All the more reason to stick with JY.......!
RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hope I never make complaints like that... but then again it might make someone laugh. Thanks, Bob, enjoyed them.
Mick W
(Member)
Two of mine on there :blush::D

Nice post Bob, always good to laugh :thumbup:

martin whitehead
(Member)
Hi

Love them all made my day

nige0556
(Member)
I experienced a variation on the first one. Can't remember where we were at the time, but we got chatting to a couple about holidays and we mentioned we were going to do travelsphere's china and japan tour.

The lady we were speaking to piped up "we went on a tour there and they gave us nothing but chinese food

Somehow we managed to stifle our attack of the giggles but we daredn't look at each other the rest of the time we were with that woman.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for sharing Bob.

Really funny but so sad that many people who go abroad do not embrace the country they are in for the experience and privilege it is but want 'Little Britain'. The Empire has a lot to answer for - good job JY'ers are different!!

AbbaDave
(Member)
ho ho ho Bob, BRILLIANT!!! where? did you find these, they sure made me chuckle after a long day at work, Thanks for sharing

Dave

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, many thanks for all the comments. Dave, a friend shared them on Facebook and I just copied and pasted it as I couldn't share it any other way. I had read it before some years ago, I think one of the UK papers ran the story. I have heard a few daft comments from some folks on JY hols but thankfully not as bad as these! Jonah/Chris I did hear someone say once that travel broadens the mind, but it has to be opened first! A good saying, I reckon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

These are brilliant and I had a good chuckle. It is sad that some people still expect 'home' when travelling to other countries!

Jaya

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
I saw these on Facebook too and it still made me laugh.

My favourite is one of mine when I asked in French if he spoke French at Dieppe Railway Station. The poor ticket office gentleman just looked at me as if I was mad 😛 Shall always remember aller et retour for a return ticket.

Jan

wesspan
(Member)
Had a laugh at Nos. 2 and 19!

I agree with Jonah. Some of the 'complaints' were plain ignorant: why travel abroad if you are unwilling to embrace the local culture? I appreciate that not everybody has access to the Internet, but surely it wouldn't have hurt to find a guidebook and research local customs before travelling.

I wonder how a company responds to ridiculous complaints like those with diplomacy/ tact?

Mike21
(Member)
In keeping with Bob’s thread, may I add the following. Many of you may remember the wit of the late artist, musician and humorist, Gerard Hoffnung, who wrote this piece, purporting to be a reply from a Tyrolean hotelier to a UK woman’s enquiry. The hilarious last line of the third para will almost certainly sound familiar. I just wish I could recreate his distinctive delivery and timing:

“Dear Madam: I am honorable to accept your impossible request. Unhappy it is, I here have not bedroom with bath. A bathroom with bed I have. I can, though, give you a washing, with pleasure, in a most clean spring with no one to see. I insist that you will like this.

I am amazing diverted by your entreaty for a room. I can offer you a commodious chamber with balcony imminent to the romantic gorge, and I hope that you want to drop in. A vivacious stream washes my doorsteps, so do not concern yourself that I am not too good in bath, I am superb in bed.

Sorrowfully I cannot abide your auto... Having freshly taken over the propriety of this notorious house, I am wishful that you remove to me your esteemed costume. Standing among savage scenery, the hotel offers stupendous revelations. There is a french widow in every bedroom, affording delightful prospects.

I give personal look to the interior wants of each guests. Here, you shall be well fed-up and agreeably drunk. Our charges for weekly visitors are scarcely creditable. Peculiar arrangements for gross parties, our motto is "ever serve you right!"

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Very funny Mike! I see on the Travelsphere Feefo page someone was giving out about having to eat Chinese food while in China...

Cheers,

Bob