penny carter
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there,

Is anyone travelling to Sri Lanka this July? This will be my 5th trip with JY and really looking forward to it! I would also appreciate it if anyone has done this trip and can share any tips please. It would be particularly useful to have some idea of the cost of lunches and drinks so as I know how much spending money I may need.Many thanks.

Penny

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Penny

I hope you will write a comprehensive review of your holiday to Sri Lanka as I am very interested in this holiday. It is on my long list of destinations and hopefully I will be able to visit in the next couple of years. I am sure you will have a great time in Sri Lanka. Have a wonderful holiday.

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Penny, I'm also interested in this holiday (but probably won't get to do it for a few years) and would love to read a review of it.

Best wishes,

Bob

Lucinda
(Member)
'penny wrote:

Hi there,

Is anyone travelling to Sri Lanka this July? This will be my 5th trip with JY and really looking forward to it! I would also appreciate it if anyone has ,done this trip and can share any tips please. It would be particularly useful to have some idea of the cost of lunches and drinks so as I know how much spending money I may need.Many thanks.

Penny

Hi Penny,

I went to Sri Lanka with JY last year in late April From what I can remember there was normally 2choices at lunch when we were out-a set price buffet, or you could have a sandwich, neither were 2 pricey. The more expensive food was having to eat in the hotels for lunch-again you could have the buffet or eat from the bar menu which had your usual things on it. So I would say your talking best part of £15 (with a drink) in the hotel, and more like £5-10 when out and about. If you drank local beer/wine/spirits, not too pricey but if you wanted named brands then expect to pay a bit more.

I really enjoyed this trip and did a short review. Also the tour rep gave lots of info to us in the tour manager section as well. Have a high factor cream and I'd suggest long sleeve light clothes for all the temples with easy to get on and off shoes as you have to take them off. A brolly was good for shade (and rain!) and I also had a pashmina which was handy to cover the shoulders.

If you have any other questions I can try and answer them for u

Lucinda

penny carter
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Penny

I hope you will write a comprehensive review of your holiday to Sri Lanka as I am very interested in this holiday. It is on my long list of destinations and hopefully I will be able to visit in the next couple of years. I am sure you will have a great time in Sri Lanka. Have a wonderful holiday.

Jaya

Hi Jaya

Yes, I will write a review omy holiday when I get back. Looking forward to it!

penny carter
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Penny, I'm also interested in this holiday (but probably won't get to do it for a few years) and would love to read a review of it.

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I will write a review o my trip when I return. Not long to wait now ! Penny

penny carter
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lucinda' wrote:

'penny wrote:

Hi there,

Is anyone travelling to Sri Lanka this July? This will be my 5th trip with JY and really looking forward to it! I would also appreciate it if anyone has ,done this trip and can share any tips please. It would be particularly useful to have some idea of the cost of lunches and drinks so as I know how much spending money I may need.Many thanks.

Penny

Hi Penny,

I went to Sri Lanka with JY last year in late April From what I can remember there was normally 2choices at lunch when we were out-a set price buffet, or you could have a sandwich, neither were 2 pricey. The more expensive food was having to eat in the hotels for lunch-again you could have the buffet or eat from the bar menu which had your usual things on it. So I would say your talking best part of £15 (with a drink) in the hotel, and more like £5-10 when out and about. If you drank local beer/wine/spirits, not too pricey but if you wanted named brands then expect to pay a bit more.

I really enjoyed this trip and did a short review. Also the tour rep gave lots of info to us in the tour manager section as well. Have a high factor cream and I'd suggest long sleeve light clothes for all the temples with easy to get on and off shoes as you have to take them off. A brolly was good for shade (and rain!) and I also had a pashmina which was handy to cover the shoulders.

If you have any other questions I can try and answer them for u

Lucinda

Hi Lucinda,

Thankyou for your help. I do have a couple of questions. Firstly, adaptor. I have an international adaptor but it doesn't have the 3 pins on it that is needed. What did you do? Also, where were the best places to exchange sterling into rupees? If you could answer these 2 questions, that would be really helpful.

Many thanks

Penny