Mary Elizabeth
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am on the verge of booking Spirit Of india for October. This will be my first foray into the world of JY as my husband is no longer able to travel with me..Has anyone been on this holiday as i would love to know if it was as great as it all sounds? Is anyone thinking of going in October?Would be great to hear from you if so.[/font]
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mary

I have not been on this tour, but I hope you give it a go. I hope someone that has replies to you. The JY holidays are great fun you see and do so much. You sometimes need a another holiday to recover from them when you get back.Have fun..

Cindy

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

I did this trip in early October 2012. It was a wonderful experience but is very full on. There is a lot of travelling involved with some very early rises. The upside is that you see a great deal. The highlights for me were seeing the Taj Mahal at dawn, coming close to tigers in the wild and sailing on the Ganges.

India is a fascinating country but you should be prepared for the extreme poverty you will witness.

I am considering doing the Kerala trip this year.

Hope this helps you reach a decision.

Lesley

Mary Elizabeth
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Mary

I have not been on this tour, but I hope you give it a go. I hope someone that has replies to you. The JY holidays are great fun you see and do so much. You sometimes need a another holiday to recover from them when you get back.Have fun..

Cindy

Thank you Cindy, think I will just take the plunge and book. I'm sure it will be a great experience but it's just that step into the unknown that slightly worries me but am going to live dangerously and do it !

Mary Elizabeth
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

Hi

I did this trip in early October 2012. It was a wonderful experience but is very full on. There is a lot of travelling involved with some very early rises. The upside is that you see a great deal. The highlights for me were seeing the Taj Mahal at dawn, coming close to tigers in the wild and sailing on the Ganges.

India is a fascinating country but you should be prepared for the extreme poverty you will witness.

I am considering doing the Kerala trip this year.

Hope this helps you reach a decision.

Lesley

Thank you for that Lesley. so glad to hear from someone who has actually done this trip. I must admit the early rises don't exactly appeal to me but I am sure they will be well worth the effort. One of my daughters has been to India and when I told her I was thinking about it she said that I would find the poverty and begging a huge problem (I tend to cross the street to put money in a busker or beggars hat!). Anyhow if I am prepared for it I think I will be able to cope.

i thought about Kerela as it sounds wonderful. I have spoken to someone who has been there and she said it is beautiful so hope you enjoy it if you decided to go. I also thought about Cambodia and Veitnam, actually so many of the holidays sound amazing so this might well be the first of many

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

Glad you found the info helpful. Your daughter is right you will have to hold yourself in check regarding the poverty.

My advice, take a deep breath and go for it. You will have lots of happy memories.

Lesley

Jo Lay
(Member)
Hi

Am thinking of booking the Athen's trip in April it will be my first holiday with 'just you'..Has any one out there done this trip before? - I couldn't find any reviews about it. Can anyone who has already booked it offer me some reassurance? Would be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

I have booked Kerala for November. Have you decided to go yet? If so, when are you planning to go. I am just hoping that there will be enough people for the trip to go ahead as I had to cancel the one booked in 2013.

Jaya

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Jaya

Am still trying to decide where to go this year. If Kerala wins I plan to go in September

As this will be my only holiday and could not wait until November.

Regards

Lesley

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

Hopefully you will make a decision soon. If you go in September to Kerala, then do post a review so I know what to expect when I go.

Jaya

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Jays

I have booked the September date. Will let you know what to expected.!!

Lesley

SarahS
(Member)
Kerala is a great place. I went a few years ago (not with JY), and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Here's hoping that there will be enough travellers for the trip to go ahead in November. This week Masterchef India's contestants are in Kerala and they cooked the 'sadiya' meal, which is included in the Kerala trip. Looking forward to watching tonight's episode, which will still be in Kerala. Just looking at the scenery and the food has really whet my appetite and I can't wait for November to come.

Jaya