Shimmo55
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Dear All,

Heading to Vietnam on my first holiday to the Far East and on my first holiday with Just You. Very nervous but very excited. Staying in Heathrow Thistle on Wed 21st Jan 2015 if any one wants to meet up. If not see you all at check in.

Would appreciate advice on currency; mixture of dong and american dollars? Is it worth taking a Travelex card.

Cheers

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I did this tour two years ago and it was wonderful, I hope you have a brilliant time! I just brought dollars, as my bank wouldn't order in dong! There was no problem exchanging money in the hotels. If you have a credit card, ring them up before you go to let them know when you are travelling and you'll be able to use it without any problems while you're away.

Best wishes,

Bob

daphnemca
(Member)
Just back from Viet&Camb Xmas/New Year trip. I changed sterling to dong at the hotels in Vietnam and got a good rate. You really do need some dong as you go along. I also brought some dollars and found $1 were handy. But no point in getting dollars to change to dong as you're changing money twice. The hotels were better exchange rate than airport, banks or money exchanges.

It was cold in Hanoi/Hue/Hoi An in Dec so pack an extra cardigan or fleece. Also would advise to bring some cheap surgical masks, even to use on the plane, as over half of out group were ill at some time or other, and a few after they got off the plane. Masks also good for wearing on the streets to keep out the scooter fumes!

Shimmo55
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you both for your advice.feel a lot more at ease now

Cheers Pete

Janicec
(Member)
Am planning to go jan 2016 any advice please
Anele456
(Member)
'Shimmo55' wrote:

Dear All,

Heading to Vietnam on my first holiday to the Far East and on my first holiday with Just You. Very nervous but very excited. Staying in Heathrow Thistle on Wed 21st Jan 2015 if any one wants to meet up. If not see you all at check in.

Would appreciate advice on currency; mixture of dong and american dollars? Is it worth taking a Travelex card.

Cheers

Hi, I am going to Vietnam in October 22nd. How was your trip? Could you give any advise please? Thank you, Cheers Elena