Sue2
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I, and a few others I believe were looking forward to the option of a cruise. When the leaflet arrived, it turns out to be 8 days (so 6 on board) on a tiny boat off Croatia for £2000. Come on JY. Surely you can do better than that. I know cruises for singles are expensive but really? I have travelled with you a lot and enjoyed it but not this year.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear that our Adriatic Coastal Explorer tour doesn't appeal to you. This has proven very popular with our customers and we have just a few places left.

So an intimate ship isn't your cup of tea? How about the Voyages of Discovery ship, Voyager? We're working with our sister company to offer some exclusive Just You fares on a selection of their cruises. All will be revealed later this week.

Kindest regards,

Julia

SarahS
(Member)
I will look forward to details of a JY cruise on a larger ship
Toni2909
(Member)
I actually very much like the idea of a smaller ship and the Adriatic tour. This one might be going on my wish list .........

Toni

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Toni,

Just in case this is on your wish list for 2015, we have just 10 places left across the three dates.

It's really hard to get ships to give us their allocation of cabins, so whether this particular cruise will operate next year is still to be confirmed. On a positive note, the team have seen how well this has gone down with our travellers and JY Will and his team are trying to put together something similar for 2016 (but no promises).

Kindest regards,

Julia

Toni2909
(Member)
Thanks Julia. I'm not in a position to make any bookings at the moment due to family illness that I need to be around for. I'll just have to take my chances when I do get around to booking something.

There will, of course, always be something that I want to do!

Toni

Sue2
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear that our Adriatic Coastal Explorer tour doesn't appeal to you. This has proven very popular with our customers and we have just a few places left.

So an intimate ship isn't your cup of tea? How about the Voyages of Discovery ship, Voyager? We're working with our sister company to offer some exclusive Just You fares on a selection of their cruises. All will be revealed later this week.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I will look forward to seeing the Voyager cruises then.:)

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
If ever I was brave enough to go on a cruise, I would prefer a smaller vessel rather than huge ships. I had a look at Adriatic Coastal Explorer and it did seem like a lovely cruise.

Jaya

whitty
(Member)
I am booked on a just you/voyage of discovery trip to oslo and the timeless fjords this may,my first ever cruise and first time to norway,i have no idea what to expect all new experience,this appealed to me has no flying involved and you leave from harwich and return there.
AnnieTee
(Member)
'Sue2' wrote:

I, and a few others I believe were looking forward to the option of a cruise. When the leaflet arrived, it turns out to be 8 days (so 6 on board) on a tiny boat off Croatia for £2000. Come on JY. Surely you can do better than that. I know cruises for singles are expensive but really? I have travelled with you a lot and enjoyed it but not this year.

Just returned from a cruise JY/Voyager and had a great time but it was very expensive. JY passengers paid more than many other singles on board and were in the noisiest cabins. There is confusion between both companies and most of us were unable to gain info on whether a JY rep was travelling with us or would be on board. We travelled independently so perhaps not the best option if you are anxious or lack confidence travelling alone. At breakfast and lunch you are directed to an empty seat so mostly sitting with couples. Met up with JY and other singles for the evening meal. More time alone than on a JY land holiday.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Annie Tee,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have forwarded your comments on to the Voyages of Discovery team.

Voyages of Discovery have allocated a few more cruises with exclusive Just You fares for this year and I've asked that your feedback is considered for these to make sure that even though travellers are joining a Voyages of Discovery cruise they still receive a positive Just You experience.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'whitty' wrote:

I am booked on a just you/voyage of discovery trip to oslo and the timeless fjords this may,my first ever cruise and first time to norway,i have no idea what to expect all new experience,this appealed to me has no flying involved and you leave from harwich and return there.

Hi Whitty,

On Friday lunchtime, I was informed there were already 14 Just You travellers booked on this cruise so there will be a really great group of solo travellers.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Kindst regards,

Julia

grannyannie53
(Member)
HI

Can you please telll me which page in the brochure this is on or where I can view it on line as I seem to have missed it?

Thanks

SarahS
(Member)
Hi Julia

I don't seem to be getting details of the JY Voyages of Discovery cruises. Could you get me put on the list for futuredetails please

rowan47
(Member)
I have been a regular on JY holidays for some years and always enjoyed them. However last year a friend and I booked single occupancy cabins direct with Voyages of Discovery on a cruise around the Med. The crew of Voyager look after single passengers quite well, with specially arranged activities and events over and above the normal events and a designated single traveller member of staff. We did meet one lady who had booked via JY and she was quite upset to find she was the only single traveller on that trip who had booked with JY and there was no tour manager as you would have on a normal JY holiday (as she put it, it was Just Her!). However she did join up with other single travellers. They do good discounts for single occupancy cabins if you book early and once you have been with them, you also qualify for loyalty discounts. It is a relatively small ship with a brilliant crew and we enjoyed it so much we are going with them again next year. I also have a JY holiday booked this year to Malta and Sicily.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'grannyannie53' wrote:

HI

Can you please telll me which page in the brochure this is on or where I can view it on line as I seem to have missed it?

Thanks

Hi grannyannie,

This was a leaflet but it never had the chance to get online as it sold a little bit quicker than planned.

There are just 3 places left on the 26th September 2015 departure and I have managed to track down a some information in case this is something of interest:

Adriatic Costal Explorer

8 days from £1899

Secret coves, red-roofed villages and ancient olive groves – we’ll see them all on this island-hopping cruise across the sparkling Adriatic Sea. Along the way discover chic towns, magnificent waterfalls and secluded beaches, sample delicious local wine and cuisine, and witness the breathtaking sunset from the highest peak of the Adriatic islands.

Day 1 UK to Trogir

Day 2: Krka National Park

Day 3 Zadar

Day 4 Zlarin

Day 5 Hvar

Day 6 Brac

Day 7 Split

Day 8 Split to UK

YOUR HOLIDAY INCLUDES

• The services of a Just You Tour Manager & Local Guides

• Scheduled flights

• Overseas transfers & other transportation

• 7 nights’ accommodation in your own cabin with breakfast, 5 lunches and 4 dinners

• Welcome drink & farewell get-together

• Hotel porterage (1 bag per person)

• A representative to greet you at all UK airports

• All airport taxes & security charges, UK Airline Passenger Duty, all state & local taxes, ATOL protection fee, plus Croatian port tax

INCLUDED HOLIDAY HIGHLIGHTS

• Trogir (half day)

• Krka National Park (half day)

• Bibich Winery and tapas lunch (half day)

• Sibenik (half day)

• Zadar (half day)

• Zlarin visit

• Wine tasting on board

• Hvar walking tour

• Brac Island

• Captain’s dinner

• Split (half day)

• Farewell ‘heritage dinner’

YOUR SHIP

Your accommodation will be aboard the MS Kapetan Bota, exclusively used by Just You customers. Due for completion in early 2015, this brand new vessel will offer quality and comfort to all guests. You will enjoy a relaxed, informal cruising experience with up to 20 Just You customers on board along with six crew members who will look after you throughout your stay.

Facilities include 20 cabins, all with en suite facilities, safe and air conditioning. Three-course meals and buffet lunches are cooked and prepared on board and served in the restaurant, where there is also a bar. There is a sun deck for those wishing to top up their tan and easy access to the water during swim stops.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Hi Julia

I don't seem to be getting details of the JY Voyages of Discovery cruises. Could you get me put on the list for futuredetails please

Hi SarahS,

We don't do very many offers with Voyages of Discovery. At the moment there are exclusive Just You fares on the following cruises until 28th February:

Heritage of the British Isles - 12 day cruise, departing 01 May 2015

PORTSMOUTH - PORT OF TYNE – ROSYTH – INVERGORDON – BELFAST – HOLYHEAD - ST MARY’S – FALMOUTH - ST PETER – PORT - PORTSMOUTH

http://www.voyagesofdiscovery.co.uk/cruises-overview/heritage-of-the-british-isles/ 

Oslo and the Timeless Fjords – 11 day cruise, departing 15 May 2015

HARWICH - BERGEN - OLDEN - ÅLESUND - FLÅM - SCENIC CRUISE NÆRØYFJORD - OSLO - KRISTIANSAND - HARWICH

http://www.voyagesofdiscovery.co.uk/cruises-overview/oslo-the-timeless-fjords/ 

Colours of the Mediterranean - 12 day cruise, departing on 29th August 2015

MARSEILLE - CAGLIARI - LA GOULETTE - SOUSSE - VALLETTA - SYRACUSA - CHANIA, CRETE - SANTORINI - PIRAEUS

For full cruise details visit: /cruises-overview/colours-of-the-mediterranean/

Adriatic & Aegean Serenade – 15 day cruise, departing 9th September 2015

PIRAEUS - CORFU - KOTOR - SPLIT - HVAR - DUBROVNIK - CHANIA - SANTORINI - CESME - ISTANBUL

http://www.voyagesofdiscovery.co.uk/cruises-overview/adriatic-aegean-serenade/ 

Mediterranean Reflections – 14 day cruise, departs 23 September 2015

ISTANBUL - ÇANAKKALE - DIKILI - ANTALYA - KUSADASI - PATMOS - KAVALA - THESSALONIKI - VOLOS - PIRAEUS

http://www.voyagesofdiscovery.co.uk/cruises-overview/mediterranean-reflections/ 

Mediterranean Icons – 12 day cruise, departs 17 October 2015

DUBROVNIK - BRINDISI - SARANDË - NAPLES - CIVITAVECCHIA - LIVORNO - SÈTE - BARCELONA

http://www.voyagesofdiscovery.co.uk/cruises-overview/mediterranean-icons/ 

If cruising is something you are interested in, you might like to join their mailing list for any offers that they have throughout the year on their entire range. I don't have access to the cruise reservations systems so I wouldn't be able to advise if there are other solo travellers booked on cruises outside of the Just You offers.

Kindest regards,

Julia