PaulineD
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone,

I'm off to Canada on 10th May, is there anyone else in the community doing the holiday? It would be good to get to know some fellow travellers although I understand there aren't that many of us at the moment.

PaulineD

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline

I'm not going on this trip (but wish I was!) but did the previous version of it, with two days on the Rocky Mountaineer, a couple of years ago. I

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline

Sorry - don't know what happened with my previous reply - my screen went blank and I was told I'd posted - oops!

Anyway, as I was saying, I've done a few JY trips now and can honestly say that Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer is still my all time favourite. You will have an amazing time! (Tip - take layers because it will be freezing in the mountains but much milder on the coast)

Feel free to ask any questions - I'll probably do the tour again one day but at the moment I'm working my way through the brochure before I start on the repeats!

All the best

Mandy

PaulineD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Pauline

Sorry - don't know what happened with my previous reply - my screen went blank and I was told I'd posted - oops!

Anyway, as I was saying, I've done a few JY trips now and can honestly say that Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer is still my all time favourite. You will have an amazing time! (Tip - take layers because it will be freezing in the mountains but much milder on the coast)

Feel free to ask any questions - I'll probably do the tour again one day but at the moment I'm working my way through the brochure before I start on the repeats!

All the best

Mandy

Thanks for that Mandy. It's always good to hear tips from other travellers.

Hope you find the holiday you are looking for.

PaulineD

dorsetgirl
(Member)
Hi

I am hoping to go on the Canada and Rocky Mountaineer trip in May, the comments from Mandy are very encouraging, I should be able to book in a few weeks. Any comments from previous travellers would be very welcome.

Gill

PaulineD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'dorsetgirl' wrote:

Hi

I am hoping to go on the Canada and Rocky Mountaineer trip in May, the comments from Mandy are very encouraging, I should be able to book in a few weeks. Any comments from previous travellers would be very welcome.

Gill

Hi Gil,

I hope you are able to book the trip.

It is good to be able to get to 'know' a fellow traveller before the holiday.

This will be my hird holiday with Just you and I am getting excited already!!

PaulineD

DaveT1946
(Member)
Hi Pauline,

I am booked on this trip and looking forward to it.

I have been on several JU holidays and enjoyed them all.

PaulineD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DaveT1946' wrote:

Hi Pauline,

I am booked on this trip and looking forward to it.

I have been on several JU holidays and enjoyed them all.

Hi Dave,

It's good to 'meet' you!!

I don't think there will be many of us on the trip so that will be good.

Whrereabouts in the country will you be travelling from? I'm coming down from Hertfordshire and have booked myself into the Premier Inn overnight as I'm not one to be rushing about!!

PaulineD

DaveT1946
(Member)
Hi Pauline,

I'm travelling from Northamptonshire. I will probably drive down in the morning, depending on flight times, decide when final info comes.

PaulineD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DaveT1946' wrote:

Hi Pauline,

I'm travelling from Northamptonshire. I will probably drive down in the morning, depending on flight times, decide when final info comes.

Hi Dave,

Will look forward to meeting you on 11th. I just don't trust the M25 and I don't want to arrive at the airport a quivering wreck!!

It won't be long now!!

All the best.

PaulineD

DaveT1946
(Member)
I hope not, holiday starts on the 10th.
PaulineD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DaveT1946' wrote:

I hope not, holiday starts on the 10th.

Sorry Dave,

SEnior moment!!!! Look forward to meeting you on the 10th!!

PaulineD