sueh53
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've been on many European holidays on my own - as well as with family and friends - and generally feel quite comfortable and confident about it. However, I've never been on a holiday which is an organised tour like the Justyou trips. I'm at a bit of a loose end at Christmas as I am divorced with no children and both my parents have died within the last few years. I've been looking at the Christmas breaks but am not sure if this would suit me. I'm not unsociable but it can be quite an emotive time when you are on your own.Any helpful comments would be appreciated!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I have family who will NOT let me travel at Christmas....what I can say is don't worry about showing emotion, I have visited many places that have moved me to tears Milford Sound NZ, Ayres Rock OZ, Auschwitz Poland, and many more, I have stood next to people who have sobbed because their dream was to visit somewhere and they were there without that some one, a JY holiday is great fun, but they can also be very cathartic on many levels, I am sure you would have a great time away, follow your heart look at the holidays and just go for it...

I have my 11th tour booked so any questions just ask.

Cindy

Mick W
(Member)
'sueh53' wrote:

I've been on many European holidays on my own - as well as with family and friends - and generally feel quite comfortable and confident about it. However, I've never been on a holiday which is an organised tour like the Justyou trips. I'm at a bit of a loose end at Christmas as I am divorced with no children and both my parents have died within the last few years. I've been looking at the Christmas breaks but am not sure if this would suit me. I'm not unsociable but it can be quite an emotive time when you are on your own.Any helpful comments would be appreciated!

My parents died in 2011 (had lost partner 2 years previous) thats when i started doing christmas holidays, done one each year since. Its far better to be with other people in a similar boat but having a good time than been stuck at home on your own or intruding on friends/relations who really want to be with their own families.

Mick

Martwood
(Member)
Hi, I'm in a similar boat to you - divorced & no children so I've taken the plunge by spending Christmas in Lake Garda (not literally!) depart 23rd Dec, looking forward to it albeit not quite sure how it will go - will wait & see, regards, Martyn.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

I would say just go ahead and book something you fancy. Travelling with Just You is great. You can spend as much time as you want with people and as much time as you want alone - whatever you prefer - and no one will judge you. Nowadays more and more people choose to go away over Christmas and New Year for various reasons. I am going away to Marrakech for the first time over Christmas and very excited as not long to go now.

Kind regards

Jaya

sueh53
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for all the comments - they are very helpful and encouraging. I will seriously consider a Just You break.