ForgetMeNot
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am single, female and 57 considering booking a holiday.

I suppose like many before me I am quaking in my boots.

Do I just go for it and book it?

Has anyone felt the same and was glad they actually went?

Your comments would be appreciated

Hoping for :thumbup:

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Forgetmenot

if you have read the postings on here you will see that many people felt like you did, what you will also find is that once they have been it's all been fine, and they can't wait to book again...

So my advice is find a tour that excites you and GO FOR IT!!

if you have any questions I will try to answer them I have been on 10 tours with 1 one booked for next year, I am 55 and started using JY in 2006.

Cindy

daveJB
(Member)
Hello, Go for it! as once you book and meet the others you will wonder why you didn't do

it sooner.

Dave.

Toni2909
(Member)
I agree! I have not met anyone on a JY a tour who has been in your situation and who has said "I wish I'd stayed at home"

You will meet some great people and see some great things and you will be well looked after. Just do it ........

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I would also add, GO FOR IT. Life is too short so try and do as much as you can whilst you can. You have nothing to lose.

Jaya

Mick W
(Member)
Felt exactly the same before my first trip, absolutely loved it and booked my 2nd on my return. Done numerous holidays since had some great times and met some very nice people.

Go for it

Mick

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm sure everyone who has travelled with JY has had the same thoughts. I did. One day, when I felt brave, I picked up the phone, booked a holiday and had a wonderful time with a great group of people. Book and enjoy!

Alison O
(Member)
'ForgetMeNot' wrote:

I'm in my late 30's and recently came back from my first tour (classic cities of Italy). I felt the same as you before i went. In fact, it took me 4 months to pluck up the courage to book!!. After speaking to the others in my group most of them were really worrried aswell, so you won't be on your own. I can honestly say it is one of the best holidays i've had. Everyone on the holiday is there because they want to meet people to travel with and so they will all want to speak to you. I met some amazing people and they were all really friendly. Just book it. You'll have a trip to remember.:thumbup:

Dido123
(Member)
No quaking necessary honestly!

When I booked for the first time lots of people said I was brave. I wasn't brave I was quite scared at the prospect but the alternative was to stay at home and wonder for ever more what it might have been like. So I did it. And it was really good fun! Even saw the sun come up over Santa Monica Boulevard lol 😉

Go for it is my advice. Most people only have regrets for what they didn't d in their life time. 🙂

Hope you'll let us know!

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Forgetmenot,

I have just returned from my 5th trip and it was brilliant. Good company and amazing experiences including the Tilt in Chicago. I too am 57, quite often forget that I am 57 as I am having so much fun. Go with the flow and dip a finger onto a map, see where you end up :thumbup:

Jan

lindyfos
(Member)
'ForgetMeNot' wrote:

Hi there

Have you actually booked anything yet?

i am in the same position as you and don't know whether to book or not?

lindyfos
(Member)
Hi

Could you tell me if you've booked anything yet as I am in the same situation as you and am interested to know what your first trip will be and why tou chose it.

thanks

Kezzer46
(Member)
'ForgetMeNot' wrote:

NO DONT DO IT!! It will be terrible, you will meet wonderful like minded people who will help to make your holiday better and give you lots of laughs along the way in a really safe environment...who would want to do that!

In all honesty, the first time at an airport on your own is the worst... but once you get there and meet some of your fellow passengers - who are mostly in the same boat - you will think it silly to have worried so much. I am sure like hundreds before you including me, you'll have an amazing time.. but be warned its an addictive way to travel and before you know it you will be booking many other holiday 🙂

Hil
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have just plucked up courage to book the New Yr in Croatia holiday - first time away alone at 61. Excited and fearful at the same time, but encouraged by the positive postings here. Do it!!!