spider0404
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've never travelled alone before thinking about us just but is it as good as it sounds . All,other holidays aimed at couples don't what to go on holiday and be left up bar nursing a drink alone
Bosuncat
(Member)
'spider0404' wrote:

I've never travelled alone before thinking about us just but is it as good as it sounds . All,other holidays aimed at couples don't what to go on holiday and be left up bar nursing a drink alone

Hi there Spider and welcome. :thumbup:

There is a lot of advice on here from more experienced travellers than myself. I haven't been on any of the long haul trips, just the Europe trips but I have had some really nice trips with JY. I remember my first holiday with JY which was their first journey out to Cilento Coast. I remember being in my lovely room and thinking you can't spend the rest of the holiday up here on your own, so I just swallowed and went down to the welcome drinks which was a really lovely way of breaking the ice. I soon got talking to people and there were some lovely trips out which help you to mix with people as well. Everyone sits together at breakfast and the evening meal and it is amazing the conversations you can get into.

Of course if you want to have a bit of time on your own then that's fine, also if you want to branch off on your own that is fine too. It's your holiday too. But I have found JY a very safe way to travel, the TM is there if you need them and generally I have had some very good ones who help people to mix.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Just You is the company for you if you do not want to be on your own, unless you choose to be. Everyone is friendly and you will meet people of all ages and experiences. Look through the brochure or online and pick a destination you always wanted to visit and book it. Life is too short to worry about little things!

Happy travelling.

Jaya

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and welcome

Can I Suggest that you have a good look at the postings of what people have to say, also look at the review section as there is a Wealth of information on there.

My own experience is since 2006 I have been in 10 JY holiday with an 11th Booked. I have travelled all over the world with them to as far as New Zealand - Kenya - USA - Austria etc. I have a great time seeing the world with nice people in a very safe way I tend to go for the full on tours so I am kept busy. if you have any questions please just ask. I am 55 now and I do have a husband who stays at home!

Cindy

Angie 2
(Member)
'spider0404' wrote:

Don't worry about being on your own. Everyone else is in the same boat and on all the Just You holidays I have done people have mixed well. I was worried the first time but if you don't take a chance you will never know what you were missing.

spider0404
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the reply think I just got to go for it the holidays do look nice just got to find one now. Any ideas what would be good for first time was,thinking of spain
Bosuncat
(Member)
'spider0404' wrote:

Thanks for the reply think I just got to go for it the holidays do look nice just got to find one now. Any ideas what would be good for first time was,thinking of spain

The only trip to Spain that I have done was Costa de la Luz this last September. Nice hotel, amazing beach and it with it being All Inclusive everything is in including the trips. There are several reviews here on the appropriate thread including my own.

Avocet64
(Member)
'spider0404' wrote:

Hello

I guess its all down to the type of holiday you are looking for. My first ever JY holiday was Highlights of Tuscany, that was back in 2005. I personally think this is a really good holiday for a first timer, it certainly gave me the travel bug and I've never looked back since. I usually go long haul now but if you are thinking of Europe I'm sure you will get some good ideas from others, there are certainly plenty of lovely European holidays in the brochure.

I hope you manage to find something that takes your fancy, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Avocet

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
The three European tours I have done our Austrian Lakes, Higlights of Tuscany, and Poland and the Tatra Mountain all were excellent value for money.

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I too have been to Costa de la Luz and it is a wonderful holiday. Andalucia too is lovely.

Jaya