nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Jaya:D

Have you received the discovery magazine yet there are a few words from you in there as well as others from the JY community so well done to all who are in print, and thanks to JULIA for getting us (WELL some of us) the recognition.:thumbup:

Nice magazine with very apt adverts, was a good read with a cuppa, I have now past the magazine on to others...:rolleyes:

Cindy:angel:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Nothing to do with me Cindy - I just forward on the feedback that you all post on the community so that the team can look at what we do right and where we could improve.

Julia

nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Nothing to do with me Cindy - I just forward on the feedback that you all post on the community so that the team can look at what we do right and where we could improve.

Julia

Julia:)

In that case well done to them all!!...::thumbup:

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

Found the Discovery Magazine waiting for me when I got back from Istanbul, Troy and Ephesus trip and it was nice to see my name in Print! I still have to read the full magazine.

Regards

Jaya

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jaya,

I did mention you on another thread being in print :thumbup:

How was Istanbul? fancy this trip as one of the places on my To Do list.

Jan

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan

Istanbul is really wonderful. I would like to go back one day - perhaps do the Istanbul City Break as there is so much to see. People are friendly and it is quite safe. I did read your other post - thank you. I think the celebrity status is going to be short lived!

Regards

Jaya

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

I havent received the magazine. Could you check im on the mailing list?

Thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark,

I've got our data team investigating this one - I have been told that the data selection has been very tight for this mailing. That being said, you should still fall into the criteria for selection.

In the meantime - my colleague has popped a copy into the post to you.

Kindest regards

Julia

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
The data selection is tight? Im virtually an ambassador for JY haha!

Mark

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

I've not received a copy of the new discovery magazine yet. I've just completed my 5th JY tour (China) so can you explain what the criteria for selection is please?

Many thanks

Mike

DebbieW
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Mark,

I've got our data team investigating this one - I have been told that the data selection has been very tight for this mailing. That being said, you should still fall into the criteria for selection.

In the meantime - my colleague has popped a copy into the post to you.

Kindest regards

Julia

What exactly is the criteria? Clearly not spending nearly £2500 on a Christmas holiday and being a current customer! Shameful customer service, if you can actually call it that!

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi DebbieW and Mikew,

Both of you do meet the criteria. I've spoken with the team and you were both opted out on our old reservations system, (overwriting your current preferences) which is why you were not picked up for this particular mailing.

I will arrange to have a copy sent out to you both.

Kindest regards,

Julia

helens
(Member)
Can you please arrange to have a copy sent to me also. This is now the third mail shot I have had to ask for, despite having been on at least 10 long haul holidays with Just You.
mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for arranging to send me a copy of Discovery (I will look forward to reading it over a coffee and a chocolate digestive!) but, with all due respect, you didn't answer my question regarding the selection criteria.

Having been in receipt of this publication in the past, I can say that it provides a good insight into some of the holidays provided by Just You and its affiliated companies.

That being the case, I would have thought that it would have been in JY's interest to circulate this magazine to all of their customers as an aid to generating increased holiday sales.

Instead, by applying a 'very tight data selection', JY are giving the impression that they want to establish a select clique of customers from their client base, something I entirely disapprove of.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Mike

DebbieWs
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi DebbieW and Mikew,

Both of you do meet the criteria. I've spoken with the team and you were both opted out on our old reservations system, (overwriting your current preferences) which is why you were not picked up for this particular mailing.

I will arrange to have a copy sent out to you both.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

Where exactly is this "opt out" thing you keep going on about? I don't believe I have opted out of anything. I had the same issue with the new September magazine and I was told then that I had opted out but I had now been opted back in! Would you please ensure that I am on the mailing list for all current magazines/brochures etc which, to be honest, I believe should be sent to all current customers as a matter of course anyway.

Debbie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
It seems that a few people have forgotten that they have opted out. If this is the case that either Just You or customer services cannot be blamed. The other day I requested a Travelsphere brochure when I completed the holiday questionnaire and received it within a couple of days after posting the questionnaire. Of course, no one or nothing is perfect so there may be times when some will be left out and not receive the brochure or magazine. In this case all one has to do is request it!

Jaya

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Helens - it's in the post.

Mikew - the tight data selection is that rather than mail everyone on our database, we have aimed to mail anyone who has travelled with us in the past 4 years or have booked to travel with us in the future with a couple of exceptions.

1. those who have opted out to receive marketing material from us

2. customers whose last or current booking is with particular travel agents where we have an agreement in place not to contact the traveller directly.

Our database is huge and includes people who requested a brochure 10 years ago but have never booked and although it is nice to get this magazine out to as many people as possible, there are costs associated with it and for this piece we have decided to prioritise our customers.

Debbie - there are various ways you could be opted out. This might be through a tick box on the website when booking or requesting a brochure, a tick box on a mailing, or a response to one of the holiday advisors to say that you aren't interested in receiving the next brochure. All of these will overwrite preferences and opt you out of receiving all mailings from us.

I have had another word with the data team to try and get you on these lists and resolve the problem of you not receiving our mailings.

And finally, I would love us to be able to contact all current customers, however there are laws in place which protect the public and dictate that we can only send travellers marketing material if they have agreed to accept it. Otherwise, we can only send service related correspondence (invoices/final documents/post holiday documents).

I hope this has answered everyone's questions and queries.

Kindest regards,

Julia

DPM
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Helens - it's in the post.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

Any chance I could be sent one too? I'm sure I should fit the criteria (JY holidays in each of the past 4 years) and don't recall 'opting out'. I always seem to have to request brochures and mailings - I can understand not getting the Travelsphere one automatically, because I've yet to try a Travelsphere holiday, but the JY one never seems to reach me unless I ask for it.

Thanks

Dave

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for clarifying what is meant by 'tight data selection'. I can understand that if someone requested a brochure 10 years ago but never booked a holiday, then you would be reluctant to send them further postings.

However, I do think that current customers should automatically receive new publications and, like Debbie and Helens, I don't believe that I have ever knowingly opted out of receiving any JY brochures and magazines.

I would be most grateful therefore if you could ensure that I remain on your mailing list.

Many thanks again for replying so promptly.

Cheers

Mike