MargaretDL
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well i have booked this holiday i am going 11thMARCH IS THERE ANYONE going on this date if so i would love to hear from you. I am dreading flight so have decided to upgrade but am sure when i get there it will be worth it .This is going to be my 2nd holiday with JY and i am hoping to meet some new friends has i did on my first 1.margaret
the_baron1
(Member)
Yes it will be worth it Margaret.

I did this trip 2 years ago now. Lots to do in Australia and New Zealand. Trip of a lifetime. You will always remember it.

I upgraded to business class there and back so I packed up to the 32Kg allowance. No problem on the way out or back BUT internal flights and across to New Zealand from Melbourne were Cattle class and had an allowance of 23Kg. No problem in Perth, Alice Springs but with Jet Airways in Cairns and Qantas from Melbourne they insisted the allowance was 23Kg and wanted $$$ for the extra. Finally got around it by insiting I was told my allowance of 32Kg was agreed before my holiday started, but it took some phonecalls and sorting out at the checkouts.

Eric.

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'MargaretDL' wrote:

Well i have booked this holiday i am going 11thMARCH IS THERE ANYONE going on this date if so i would love to hear from you. I am dreading flight so have decided to upgrade but am sure when i get there it will be worth it .This is going to be my 2nd holiday with JY and i am hoping to meet some new friends has i did on my first 1.margaret

Hello Margaret, I am seriously considering going on 11th March tour. Just hoping someone else has the same idea, so I am glad to see your post. I am assuming that upgrade will be expensive and if no one or one or two of the fellow travellers do upgrade, you may be the only one there. Upgrade will be worth it comfort wise but will you be happy on your own during the long haul journey!

If I do the booking, hope to do that by next week, I will let you know. I am new widow and this will be my first holiday on my own and with JY.

Dyuti

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI Dyuti

I would say that if you really want to go to Australia, just go ahead and book the trip. Life is too short to worry about little things. You will be fine. Travelling with Just You is great and you will meet people of all ages and experiences. I have been on 6 Just You holidays and all have been good. Everyone is friendly and you will have a wonderful time. You will definitely not be on your own.

Kind regards

Jaya

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

HI Dyuti

I would say that if you really want to go to Australia, just go ahead and book the trip. Life is too short to worry about little things. You will be fine. Travelling with Just You is great and you will meet people of all ages and experiences. I have been on 6 Just You holidays and all have been good. Everyone is friendly and you will have a wonderful time. You will definitely not be on your own.

Kind regards

Jaya

Thank you Jaya. My children also say the same.

Dyuti

MargaretDL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Dyuti' wrote:

'MargaretDL' wrote:

Hello Margaret, I am seriously considering going on 11th March tour. Just hoping someone else has the same idea, so I am glad to see your post. I am assuming that upgrade will be expensive and if no one or one or two of the fellow travellers do upgrade, you may be the only one there. Upgrade will be worth it comfort wise but will you be happy on your own during the long haul journey!

If I do the booking, hope to do that by next week, I will let you know. I am new widow and this will be my first holiday on my own and with JY.

Dyuti

Thanks for reply yes upgrade exepensive but even if you dont upgradeyou might not get seats with other jy passengers so i thought i would go for comfort its a once in a lifetime trip.You will meet fellow travellers when you get to airport.regards margaret

SarahS
(Member)
Comfort every time. Business class also gives you more privacy. There's nothing worse than having a chatty neighbour when you want to get to sleep. When flat, most busness seats are against the seat in front. I always go for an aisle seat when I'm travelling solo so I don't have to climb over a stranger in the middle of the night.
Lynda Broughton
(Member)
I am also going on this trip on March 11th. I have booked the optional trips for Australia and hope to do the helicopter trip in NZ. It will be my 5th trip with JU and the longest.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sarah

Yes, business class can give you more privacy and is more comfortable, but unfortunately it is out of bounds for most travellers. I would love to upgrade but can't afford to do so.

Jaya

MargaretDL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lynda wrote:

I am also going on this trip on March 11th. I have booked the optional trips for Australia and hope to do the helicopter trip in NZ. It will be my 5th trip with JU and the longest.

Hi Lynda lovely to hear ffrom you This is2nd trip with JY i am nervous its a long way but it will be a trip of a lifetime my children say go for it mother.Ihave upgraded its expensive but i want to feel comfortable and hopefully not to jet lagged.Ihave done helicopter ride i am sure you will enjoy it. Look forward to meeting you please keep in touch. regards Margaret

Sasha12
(Member)
Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i found this community is highly interesting.
maglynn
(Member)
'MargaretDL' wrote:

'Lynda wrote:

Hi Lynda lovely to hear ffrom you This is2nd trip with JY i am nervous its a long way but it will be a trip of a lifetime my children say go for it mother.Ihave upgraded its expensive but i want to feel comfortable and hopefully not to jet lagged.Ihave done helicopter ride i am sure you will enjoy it. Look forward to meeting you please keep in touch. regards Margaret

Hi Margaret,

I did this trip in March/April 2014 and it was truly the trip of a lifetime, so I envy you! I travelled economy class and found it very comfortable indeed, but perhaps I was lucky in that I usually got an aisle seat as requested and in some cases the seat besid me was vacant so I could stretch out. I found the luggage allowance of 20 - 23 kg to be more than adequate. Bear in mind that in NZ you are only one night in many of the hotels and it could be a nuisance to have too much stuff to pack and unpack. In most hotels there are launderettes and a laundry service - I found it worth the few dollars to get trousers etc. washed and ironed and back that evening. Also, while it was very hot in Australia, in New Zealand it was considerably cooler and warmer clothes were required.

I hope this is of some help - have a wonderful trip!

Marie

P.S, I usually find it best not to book too many trips in advance as you never know how tired you might feel and there are no refunds! Most can be booked when you get there.

Lynda Broughton
(Member)
Hi Margaret, I agree trip of a lifetime. I went to China in May which was amazing and decided to do a long haul each year until I was unable to. I'm off to Sorrento on Oct 15, a bit quieter and I'll be able to hang my clothes up. I always travel by National Express from Nottingham. Good to 'speak' to you. Lynda
Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'MargaretDL' wrote:

'Dyuti' wrote:

'MargaretDL' wrote:

Dyuti

Thanks for reply yes upgrade exepensive but even if you dont upgradeyou might not get seats with other jy passengers so i thought i would go for comfort its a once in a lifetime trip.You will meet fellow travellers when you get to airport.regards margaret

Hello Margaret,

I am about to book the 11th March tour of Amazing Australia. All being well, I will see you then.

Dyuti

MargaretDL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi julia can you tell me how many people are booked to go 11th march to australia and new zealand and how many ladies and gents there are thanks Margaret
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret,

I think I've gotten all of the variations of the trip together for the numbers....

For the Australian leg of this tour there are 14 of you confirmed to travel - 1 man and 13 women.

For the New Zealand leg of the tour there are 22 of you confirmed to travel - 2 men and 20 women.

Of the group there are 5 of you taking the Australia and New Zealand tour.

To add to this there are two provisional bookings in the system (both women). One who is provisionally booked on both Australia and New Zealand trip, and one who would just be joining you in New Zealand.

Kindest regards,

Julia

MargaretDL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia am starting to worry JYare doing my visa for Aus 11march then i am doing NewZealand add on does visa cover NewZealand too.Also have you got final numbers going on this holiday
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi MargaretDL,

No need to worry - you are in safe hands.

A visa is not required for British passport holders going to New Zealand unless they are travelling via the US then an ESTA would be needed.

Looking at your booking you are provisionally flying via Dubai so this is not required.

Kindest regards,

Julia